TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I have to go back to Gröna Lund, even though I visited the park in both 2006 and 2007. I rode Kirnu in 2007 and it was just ridicilously fun. Like it was mentioned a few post above, you certainly get that 'oh crap' feeling as you approach the edge, but once you go over you just cant stop laughing.

I completely forgot about the differences in time. When they said the noon update on Monday I got really confused.

I guess I will repeat the ideas of everyone else who has posted in the past 2 pages, but this coaster is going up fast. I can't wait to see it in action.

^Though I guess it would be great if they finished it tomorrow, it'd be even more awesome if they finish it the 25:th : That's my 18:th birthday! Sharing birthdays in a weird way with a coaster I'll probably ride a whole bunch of times would be really cool

I've followed the construction every day, like trice a day, and I am totally amazed at the speed of work

There so easy to put up, but why isn't there more???

They are a newer kind of coaster, with the first ones being built in 2007. There is only three in existence right now, one being this one and the other two at Terra Mitica and Linnamaki. However, those two have a simpler layout and were riddled with technical problems. I am pretty sure that is the reason they haven't 'boomed", but perhaps the more sophisticated layout of Insane will change the minds of some parks. They look fun and should be pretty cost efficient. Can't wait to see this done and to being testing!

^^ Kirnu and Inferno both runs 3 trains, so it would be highly unlikely that this one will have less. I think I have heard as many as 5 trains. And seeing that it's possible to have 3 cars on the layout all the time, then 5 is pretty plausible.

And since each car (train) fit's 8 people then it's more likely that Insane will have better throughput then a standard mouse. As long as they keep cranking those trains through. Gröna Lund lists a throughput of around 800 pph. But then again Gröna Lund is a tiny park so they don't really need a big capacity monster.

They have added a giant piece this morning, just the top of the lift that is missing. They can easily finish of the major steel work today.

www.gronalund.com

Another update:

The tallest part and the lift-hill engine is getting installed, just one track piece left after that.

But the most interesting thing is that they are now putting on the car chassis (the white thing being put on the lift on the top-right side).

www.gronalund.com

Almost there...

Wiii, the major stuff is done!!

So, the track is now complete with 2 car chassis are on it. I guess that the final stuff is going to go up soon as well as doing a pull through.

Will post another update as I see/find something new.

Not that I'm aware of, so they will probably have to un-mount the wheels when you want to get on/off a car.

But there can also be a section in the station where they are able to remove a section of track so that they can more easily remove the cars.