TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's Coaster Video Contest WINNERS!!!

Wow!!!

I just got back from Colorado and hadn't checked my email untill now.

All I can say is WOW!

I am so proud and humbled by the overwhelming acceptance that My video recieved. I knew I was taking a risk by breaking from the usual format. So I have to thank all the viewers of TPR for taking that risk with me. Especially with so much great talent included in this years festival.

Congratulations to everyone!!! You all have done truly great things.

Keep up the awesome work.

I also would like to give both Robb and Elissa big props for hosting this festival. Cheers to you both. You guys are awesome!

When is the next BBQ?

Guy "already cook'in up a few more REALY weird ones" Koepp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nice PSP you've got there! Have you converted your video segments to MP4's so you can watch them on that awesome screen?

--Robb "Congrats Tom!" Alvey

I think I've done that with a video from here.

Its better to just watch it on the computer tho. It was new when I did that and it was amazing just to watch a video on it, but now I'm over that.

I am such a geek.

I converted my garage into a gym/ chroma key stage. I then had my actors working behind a green screen wall with just their heads sticking out. I then mimmicked the motion of the ride (like a motion controll camera would do) to get the proper ride acceleration/ deceleration. Then basing what I needed the head to do, I had to mathematicaly reverse what the coaster was doing to create the proper effect.

I actualy made a huge mistake. (Thank you all for not noticing) After the speed hill. The head should have entered the screen from the top insted of the bottom. I know it's minor, but if I have the opportunity. I will go back and re-shoot it.

Wait till you all see what I'm doing to Ghostrider. If I can pull it off. It will blow your minds.

Guy "just a big a** dork" Koepp

Well, I didn't win. After seeing the great entries from everyone else, I knew I wouldn't have a chance. But I am working on next year's videos already! I have two of them exported to DV tape already. Just say the word and I'm submitting them!