TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I stayed at WDW this weekend & didn't do ANY theme parks

I stayed at the Bonnet Creek resort on WDW property (next to Epcot) & had plans to hit some theme parks on Saturday & Sunday...instead got lots & lots of RAIN courtesy of Hurricane Gustav, and since I still have small kids, opted NOT to go anywhere til things cleared up...BIG oops!

Kinda defeats the purpose of even staying on site doesn't it? Has anyone ever done this before? If I'm the first, I welcome all kinds of "flaming".

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could of been worse, we pretty much got locked down @ Port Orleans when one of the hurricanes hit years back.

Worst part, they kept playing the first half of Pearl Harbor and would never put the second half in. Now that sucked!! And if we would have driven off we would have been arrested. Hurray!

Personally I would have gone out in the rain, crowds would have been light. But like I said it could have been worse!

Worst part, they kept playing the first half of Pearl Harbor and would never put the second half in. Now that sucked!!

They actually helped you out by not showing anymore of that movie. That has to be one of the worst big budget movies ever.

I too have little kids and I understand not wanting to take them out in some good rain. That sucks that it happened at Disney though.

^ Yeah! It's like they're lined up all the way to Z.

That's gotta suck, I got sick during my last trip and took part of the second Epcot day to rest and that about killed me. I can't imagine taking the whole trip like that. Something about feeling like everybody else is at the parks really grinds my gears.

Unless it was part of some nonrefundable package deal, I would have tried to do some rescheduling. Any time a hurricane goes up either coast of Florida, there's going to be bad weather in the state. Otherwise, I would have bought some ponchos and headed out. The rain was bad in spurts because of the feeder bands in Miami, but really didn't get too bad until Saturday night; you probably didn't get the bad stuff until much later.

I get emails from Disney about great hotel deals in late August through October... that's because "people in the know" knows those are the hurricane months and chances are high that some type of tropical disturbance will blow through and ruin your weekend.

I usually plan my Disney trips in late october-november or early in the spring for sales and to avoid hurricanes.

Terry