TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood: After the Shock

Yes, I know I should've spelled Enthusiest correctly, but I wasn't paying attention. That's what you get for being 13; you just think that everything you do is correct and you just ignore it. Oh well.......

Well, this is my second day at Silverwood, Sunday, July 27th, so I won't post my photos 'till later. Anyways I'll explain my trip. We started on Friday at the Bremerton Navy Base. We met up with Cathy, her daughter Rachel, and Cathy's friend Justine at 10:30 or so. Right before we left we did some shopping at the NIX (Navy Exchange). So we left a little while later.

About 40 minutes into the trip we passed Tacoma, the southern most port city in the Puget Sound. We decided to stop to get something to eat. Rachel wanted to get Carl Jr.'s so we stopped there. I waited 'till Arby's. Obviously I was pretty desperate. After Tacoma we continued on. I watched some TPR DVD's that I had just bought, and I have to say they're great!

Next stop was this random rest stop in Southeast Washington. We took a bathroom break and I even spotted a nice BAM M3 Convertible. We headed down the road and we stopped at this random market place just off the highway. We took another bathroom-break and we got some fruit. I got some gummy bears and I counted 112. Yum!

Finally, we stopped at a BK for a more *Proper* meal. We continued on 'till We finally got to the boarder and we got to our hotel, which has THE most uncomfortable beds EVER! But that was the least of my concerns. The strip malls.......... There were none. There was a Cabella's. That was good enough I guess. So we slept and went to Silverwood the next day, but not before we stopped at Wal-Mart. And that's when I found the mother of all snacks.... Reduced Fat White Cheddar Chez It's!

So we finally reached Silverwood. We walked around the park and we got a locker. We began with Timber Terror, and it's Ejector airtime central! But it was nauseating and jerky, so that detracted from the ride. But then Aftershock brought things back up to speed. Seriously, I can say for the 2nd time in my life (Expedition Everest was 1st) that a Vekoma was the highlight of the day. They must have improved it a bit. It was pure awesome, and the intensity was wild! Definitely a great improvement.

So then we rode Tremors(>Timber Terror), then we had lunch. Then we did Thunder Canyon (Rapid's ride) Then the Corkscrew(<<<

Oh crud, gotta go. I'll report more later after we've gotten back.

Patrick

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TPR!

Please read this:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31454

Yes, I know I should've spelled Enthusiest correctly, but I wasn't paying attention. That's what you get for being 13. Oh well.......

It's so sad that you blame your age as an excuse for not bothering to spell something correctly. When I was 13, this would not have been acceptable...AND...I would not have had a SPELL CHECKER at my disposal.

Just look at your post. FULL of spelling errors...and there is a SPELL CHECK button right on the posting console!

I didn't read your report because I couldn't. It hurt my eyes way too much.

I appreciate your enthusiasm with wanting to post about your experiences, but if you're not going to bother to spell check or write legibly, no one is going to read what you have to say.

*sigh*

--Robb "Kids these days..." Alvey

Hey everybody! I just finished up Silverwood, and I have a pleasant surprise for everybody. Aftershock is now my favorite coaster in the northwest! Not like that's saying much, but it was the standout at Silverwood. How did they do this? How could a Vekoma be a standout? Did Silverwood make some improvements? Did it get better by itself? Did they send it to Vekoma to improve? Post what you think they did here.

P.S. I'll post some pictures when I get home later on tonight.

I finally got home! But one thing. I hooked up my Kodak EasyShare and it doesn't seem to be loading the photos. I connected it to the computer, but nothing happened. So I finally got the software working but now it's unable to detect my camera. I'm probably going to have to wait until later on tomorrow. Sorry to disappoint you all.

Patrick

I got some gummy bears and I counted 112. Yum!

Ummm...am I missing something here? When does someone need to note that they can count to 112??

Maybe it is new personal record?

I'm talking about the number of gummy bears in one bag.

Type what you want to say first. Then, when your done, scroll down to the "Add Photo, Video or Other Attachment" section and under that it says "Filename". Click the "Browse" button next to the "Filename" and find your picture/video file then add it. Then add a "File Description/Photo Caption" by just typing what you need to say in there. Then press "Add Photo or Other Attachment". It will preview backward, but it will show them right when you finally post them.

Can't wait for the photo's!

There are several programs out there that can resize pictures, such as Paint or Paint.NET (which is my recommendation for anything graphics/pictures). I can't think of any programs that can resize or convert multiple pictures, but a quick google search should get some results.

Thank you for being patient, because it's reward is here!

Mom says I have to go to bed , but I'll post the rest tomorrow!

Patrick "Finally found out how to take, shrink, & post pictures on TPR" Carnahan

100_0864-640x480.jpg.269fe3cbba40355f06aade8e8f5aa306.jpg

Wow! Thank goodness we got our tickets at our hotel, and for reduced prices! We would've been waiting forever in those lines.

100_0862-640x480.jpg.8b832527dcf680b9f3c0c633ed4c9afb.jpg

I spy with my little eye...... PAIN!

100_0861-640x480.jpg.b2eebe86a92c0369b4cb423462e83348.jpg

Too many welcome signs!!

100_0859-640x480.jpg.6f59253ea6eccb1f42fbce6da425ca89.jpg

This is a good sign.............

Maybe.......

1679352021_SilverwoodSign-640x480.jpg.ef355765a56ee249aaf5f5213f8a7365.jpg

Silverwood Sign! Yay! Note the 2 black Chevy's in a row.

100_0965.mov

To begin with, a vid of Aftershock with my own added-in crappyentary.

Wow, just as I was getting ready to post some pic's, my computer goes crazy, randomly restarting and never getting out of it! And now I have to do PC Recovery, which erases all of my files! Thank's life!

I'll try to get my PC going ASAP, but for now, more waiting.

*sigh*

Patrick "Viruses and worms really suck" Carnahan