TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None - Coming August 2008

CD5 returns with our third annual halloween project.

MEMPHIS - CD5Productions will return with their annual Halloween project in August of 2008 with And Then There Were None, a modern retelling of the book of the same name by Agatha Christie. The Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 version will have a different setting and different "deaths" but the overall theme and plot of the story will be very similar to the 1939 book.

And Then There Were None is about ten people who committed murder yet escaped punishment. They are brought to a mansion by a mysterious "Mr. Owen" for a house party, however there is no party to be had. Their deaths follow a strange poem left behind by the "mastermind" of the scheme.

The RCT3 version will involve a similar group, but in a different setting - stranded in the Appalachian Mountains due to a bus breakdown. Each week will cover a different death with the finale being released on Halloween (a yearly tradition).

More information will be released as August approaches.

Ten peeps crossed over the dotted yellow line;

One walked away and then there were Nine.

Nine peeps went to sleep when it got late;

One overslept and then there were Eight.

Eight peeps walked until it was eleven;

One took a fall and then there were Seven.

Seven peeps left chopping up sticks;

One chopped himself in halves and then there were Six.

Six peeps trying to drive;

One stayed behind and then there were Five.

Five peeps try to open the door;

One went in and then there were Four.

Four peeps try to get free;

One was sacrificed and then there were Three.

Three peeps feeling down and blue;

One lost his cool and then there were Two.

Two peeps were out in the sun;

One got all frizzled up and then there was one.

One peep left all alone;

He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dear reader,

This is the infamous Mr. Owen! You may or may not know me. I am one of them. I am the mastermind of this scheme! Hahha! You know by now that I HATE people who lie! I hate people who escape punishment! I feel that it is my civic duty to the world to kill those who have killed. Those who believe they are higher than the law. Me? Insane? Insanity is power. Yes I am insane! But not nearly as insane as these souls!

Yours truly,

Mr. U. N. Owen

Tom Rogers

This man and his wife killed a woman! They let her die! She needed that money, fool! You could have easily shared the wealth. But instead she died in pain and agony. Now it is your turn! You will drive the tour bus full of the escapees. I appreciate you working an extra shift for this "bonus". It will surely be worth your while.

Elaine Rogers

The wife of Tom Rogers, Elaine will be the tour guide of this bus full of those escaping punishment. She, along with her greedy husband, let their servant die. She needed that money for her own health, not her own greed! You and Tom are the reason she is dead! Now it's your turn to experience the pain of death!

The ones you cannot save are the ones who have chosen not to be saved... LIARS!!

- Mr. Owen

James Marston

Speeding is bad enough, but continuing to speed after you have hit and killed two small children? You sick exuse for a human being... You might be the most uncaring of all the fools on the bus. Enjoy your ride, piece of filth!

General John McDonald

You sent that man to war. So you could have his wife to yourself. You think you're a player? You think you can brag about it to your friends at the bar? That man died on the frontline - and you're enjoying the love of his life. I'm going to make your ride especially painful General McDonald.

Justin Wargrave

This man was a bad judge. He sentenced an innocent man to death. The problem besides that? He personally knew that the man was innocent. Lying gets you NOWHERE.

Emily Brent

Quit quoting the Bible, lady. It's great that you strive for perfection, but allowing your maid to go because she doesn't wear the right type of clothes? By the way, she committed suicide after you fired her. You're responsible.

It's interesting to see how you've changed the backstories of some of the characters. I like the angle you are playing with the story, though I do have one or two teensy suggestions (I can't help it. Being that I'm working on the same show right now and going through character changing process myself, it makes it hard to not notice one or two things).

I love that Marston hit two kids with the car instead of college students. I think it is a fantastic way to enhance his character. i do, however, feel that changing General McDonald really undermines his character.

[Very minor spoilers for the book/play right here, though I don't know if coasterdude will have this in the movie]

His character is sort of that wise old sage who has lived long enough to know his regrets and to see his failings. By changing his wife to the person he killed's wife, it really destroys that loving husband aspect of him. He sent one of his men, who his wife was cheating on him with, to the front liens because he wanted to be her only one. Once the soldier died, he saw the damage he had done to his wife. it makes him a very sympathetic character and one that really adds to the story because he is the only one not afraid to die. Now, i realize that you are playing up the death, and it is probably too late to change him, but for some reason i really felt that I needed to point that out. All of your other character adjustments were spot on, truly.

*gets off soapbox*

Vera Clayton

Mrs. Clayton, please quit playing the "hero" card. You allowed Cyril to swim out to sea and drown. I'm sure this is all just now sinking in, but unfortunately you cannot undo the past. See you on the bus!

Will Blore

You are the epitome of the word "corrupt". Framing innocent men will not get you anywhere in life, you should know that by now, right? If not, you'll learn your lesson in the very near future!

Phil Lombard

Framing other people won't get you out of this one, Mr. Lombard.

George Armstrong

We all know you killed your patient, "Dr. Armstrong". Driving drunk is one thing, but operating on a human drunk? Surely you knew that would result in some sort of consequence!

And Then There Were None begins August 25th.