TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: shesaidboom and 307 do a burning restaurant

shesaidboom and 307 watch a crappy Chinese buffet burn and take a lot of pictures while making inappropriate jokes about the Toronto fire department!

So as we departed my house for Nikki's, we noticed a lot of smoke coming from the direction of ... somewhere in front of us. So, as intrepid ninja spies from the secret service who had nothing better to do, we followed it. And where there's smoke, there's fire.

So, here are some pictures of a crappy Chinese buffet on fire.

035.jpg.15b30336c75d21852db391fba74fa508.jpg

Pretty soon a bigger story was developing :o

027.jpg.efa3b3762b67452750264b055512500a.jpg

Disclaimer: Although we cracked some jokes about the Toronto Fire Department, they really do a standup job and we would surely burn to death without them. Way to go guys! Thumbs up!

026.jpg.bb34c2c9bd706bdbd2517322654d98c4.jpg

HOT PROPERTY. Lease now!

032.jpg.2914cea4080d5795e6a4f7c5d1419fb7.jpg

There was a vet next door to the restaurant. Luckily all the animals got out safely. This poor little guy was scared out of his wits.

02.jpg.25eb163b4ae1f8bdef8a17f0f2c6fea2.jpg

Final tally: ten firetrucks, four cop cars, two ambulances, and zero fire hydrants.

021.jpg.ba8aaaea51690fbc7b927d7fa8e7e606.jpg

Fireman 1: "Okay guys, here's the plan: We go in, we spray some crap on it, and then it'll go out. Any questions?"

Fireman 2: "If there's any chow mein left, can I have it?"

Old guy: "Back in my day, sonny, we put out 30 fires before we had an egg roll!"

Dude in white shirt: "We also had fire hydrants..."

016.jpg.4974bde0cc782ef1699fa71ec7e0736a.jpg

There were at least four big ladder trucks in the area, but for some reason it took them 15 minutes to realize that perhaps using one of them instead of a flimsy ladder would save them some time and effort.

009.jpg.f52660a53a5182087d79aa9dc1fb0c3a.jpg

After that tactic inexplicably failed, the firefighters decided to take to the roof and formulate some sort of diving kamikaze attack.

023.jpg.47116557379485a6397dc7c89cc1e4b2.jpg

After failing to find a fire hydrant in the vicinity (seriously, wtf Toronto??) these firefighters bravely ran inside and just started punching the flames.

010.jpg.2f9860fb3efc7ebb94662b7771705ea8.jpg

"Holy shit dude, that building's on fire!"

012.jpg.79164a84b400a0f388c4c061beeece69.jpg

And there it is! I'd like my noodles extra crispy, plz.

005.jpg.9670b95b37a5cb952a836e73394ae148.jpg

I know I was hoping to see some actual fire.

004.jpg.eb3851a99d314aa71d8c38900ef7a8f0.jpg

Some firefighters even showed up drunk.

013.jpg.7d1d001ef858295889d250656d0e6711.jpg

We stood watch as the Toronto Fire Department pulled up. It took us fifteen minutes to get there, and we still beat them! Fast response, my ass.

001.jpg.a5892b05d6448ee53ce39cdfb0a56178.jpg

OHEMGEE FIRE.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No fire hydrants?!?! What about all those poor dogs?

The dogs all made it out safely, thankfully!

I so thought you would be eating in the restaurant when it caught fire. Luckily not.

That would've been cool if we were in the restaurant. Terrifying at the time, cool in hindsight.

Seriously, it's been a crappy morning, so thanks for making me laugh with this randomness.

You're welcome! We do our best Fortunately I am still laughing at some of the captions so it appears to have worked on ourselves! Hopefully we'll have some more TRs up in the coming months.

This bears further investigation. Or at least more random and amusing photos...

We attempted to speak to the authorities on the matter, but they assured us that what we saw was nothing more than a weather balloon or some sort of random event. They also insinuated that we should stop asking questions.

Was King Kong in the restaurant?!

Not that I noticed, and it probably would've been hard to miss!

It would have been awesome if the fire had spread to the gas station

Not so awesome for us, we might have died! I'm all for destruction of property [that's not mine or Nikki's], but when there's a chance for death, I'd prefer to be ... elsewhere!

Good I hate chinese food.

Watching it happen, I got a craving for some, so we ate Chinese the next night!

It would have been awesome if the fire had spread to the gas station

Not so awesome for us, we might have died! I'm all for destruction of property [that's not mine or Nikki's], but when there's a chance for death, I'd prefer to be ... elsewhere!

Well if my experiences in GTAIV are any indication, you would have been fine.

I haven't seen a fire in person in quite some time. I can still remember the two times while growing up watching the crack house across the street from us burn down. Good thing I don't live at Weston & Lawrence anymore. What a crap hole.

Great random TR. I love your witty captions.

This reminds me of the time an apartment complex north of me caught fire and was badly damaged. It was a big fire, too; I could smell the smoke from it, and that says a lot, considering I live about a mile away from the site. Amazingly, nobody was injured (to my knowledge).

Awesome random Photo TR. Crappy chinese buffets deserve to burn to the ground. All hail Mandarin!

I wish I got some video on Friday when I P*ssed off BJ Ryan. That would've made for an excellent trip report! It would've had beeped out expletives and everything.

I always end up heckling a Jays player when I go to a game. It's sad that this team is full of such scrubs that I have to resort to it, but there you go. Victims of my wrath so far have included Shannon Stewart, Brad Wilkerson and Alex Rios. I also was one of the few who stood up and cheered when Reed Johnson homered for the Cubs on Saturday. That was the high point of my season so far!

Last year in Minnesota I heckled ex-Jay Guillermo Quiroz [playing for Texas] enough that I got a mention on the Rangers television feed of the game. It was great!

I always end up heckling a Jays player when I go to a game. It's sad that this team is full of such scrubs that I have to resort to it, but there you go. Victims of my wrath so far have included Shannon Stewart, Brad Wilkerson and Alex Rios. I also was one of the few who stood up and cheered when Reed Johnson homered for the Cubs on Saturday. That was the high point of my season so far!

Last year in Minnesota I heckled ex-Jay Guillermo Quiroz [playing for Texas] enough that I got a mention on the Rangers television feed of the game. It was great!

We seriously need to go to a game together. Beer, and heckling players are my two favorite pasttimes at the park.