TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I'll stick to what I said last year: water coaster. If I am wrong, slide complex seems likely.

Also now believe DC Universe retheme, and PBR removal for something in 2019. Is that a reach? Of course, but that's the fun of it all. Maybe Castaway Creek upgrade too.

This will be a year of multiple things going on.

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

Ok, last chance. Get your predictions/wants in. We all know how there is leakage the day before.

Here's my predictions . . . .

1. Penguin's Blizzard River gets removed for an S&S 4D free spin

2. Castaway Creek gets removed for a water coaster

3. ZoomaZon Falls gets removed for a mat racer

For those curious how it works (on the Six Flags side), typically Six Flags will release a video announcing EVERYTHING (at all the parks) at around 5/6 am Eastern Time tomorrow. Typically (or based on previous years), the video will contain a 20-30 second "highlight reel" about what each park is getting, but typically, this initial announcement is lacking in details. Generally, you have to wait until later in the day until each individual park begins releasing more details (this generally does not happen with the big "highlight reel" announcement early in the morning. Most parks will have a press release that they will post on their website and/or send to the various media outlets (including TPR) which would contain all the juicy details you are seeking (including full POVs where applicable and all of the available concept images/art)... hence why you'll want to see TPRs full post of the announcement as it (typically) will contain more info than you may have seen otherwise.

Ok, last chance. Get your predictions/wants in. We all know how there is leakage the day before.

Here's my predictions . . . .

1. Penguin's Blizzard River gets removed for an S&S 4D free spin

2. Castaway Creek gets removed for a water coaster

3. ZoomaZon Falls gets removed for a mat racer

I wish all of this could happen in the same year but probably not. I could see it being a possibility if the free spin is replaced with a Discovery or Relocated ride.

Final prediction: Gotham city retheme to DC universe and whistlestop park rethemed to DC super friends AND a water coaster or slide complex to replace zoomazon falls.

I don't think anything will be removed from the dry park, the reaper was a troll.

What if this whole teaser campaign was just showing what's gonna happen in the next 5 years.

That would actually be sort of funny and very creative! Granted a parks "five year plan" could always change by next year, but it is an interesting theory!

Final prediction: Gotham city retheme to DC universe and whistlestop park rethemed to DC super friends AND a water coaster or slide complex to replace zoomazon falls.

I don't think anything will be removed from the dry park, the reaper was a troll.

I would have laughed at this before. I've always thought a Superfriends retheme would be stupid for SFA, as their kid's areas are more than fine. Now,...if they retheme to DC Universe, they almost have to do Superfriends just to fit the area. Of course, this would be idiotic for a 'main' announcement. The rides in both the kid's areas are fine.

Another thing. Just about every area of the park has gotten new paint/building repair/signage,etc, except for Gotham (not including ground art, and all of the rides getting new signs, with a little paint to go with it) and Whistlestop Park. The other kid's spot (Bugs Bunny Movie Town), has been refreshed completely (not including the purple railings..lol). This non-refresh, could support the retheming theory.