TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Mark VII Monorail Discussion

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of your photos. I was just surprised that Disney chose such a reddish orange for the monorail given that there is already a Monorail Red (and frankly, I'm surprised they went with orange at all given that the logical third color would be either yellow or green).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay monorail orange was testing today and it's soooo pretty! No photoshopping needed it sure was definitely out and had I not seen it with my own eyes I probably wouldn't believe it either! BTW my name is Amanda and this is my first post ever Taiko Happy

^ Seriously. You wasted your first post on this?

Well, I guess I'm proud of you...? Welcome to TPR!

A post about a monorail is NOT a wasted post. And yes, welcome to TPR, Amanda.

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of your photos. I was just surprised that Disney chose such a reddish orange for the monorail given that there is already a Monorail Red (and frankly, I'm surprised they went with orange at all given that the logical third color would be either yellow or green).

I understand the logic, but the original trains were Red, Blue, Orange, and Purple if I am not mistaken. So it seems as if they are keeping the train's color the same, just the new body.

John

I don't know why, but for some reason I pictured Monorail Orange as being a deeper shade of orange. Maybe it's just how the light hit it in the photo.

So far, I have yet to ride any of the new trains. Next time I visit the DLR, I'll give it yet another try. And I'm glad to hear that the new window design helps keep the cabin cool. What could they have been thinking having non-opening windows and no air conditioning?

Eric