TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tyler's Spring Break Coaster Videos

Tyler,

Your style needs work. Not up to par with the rest of the videos posted on this site. Very choppy, quiet dialouge, random scenes can be seen between 2 spliced segments, and the music cuts off way too fast towards the end. It is VERY choppy and my dead dog could tell that you just slapped that together in about 10 minutes. If I were you, I would delete this immediately, re-start the editing process from scratch, and then possibly re-post it if it improves. Other than that, good job.

Robby

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

your video of SFFT was.. umm. uhhh.. OK. The music was good- nice pacing. The commentary came across as the ranting of someone who lacks maturity. SFFT is the model that Shiparo says he is going to use to rebuild SF. Your reaction is exactly what I expect because you are not in the demographic that he has in mind. You know what.. his idea is working. Per cap spending and attendance is up- profit is up as well. So I do not think anyone at SF is going to care too much about the rant. As for the Texas parks- those are our home parks you know-do us a favor. If you are going to not have fun at our parks then stay at home in Alabama. I am sure that you can find the same thrills and chills you experienced at Alabama Adventure.. right?

Dude,

your video of SFFT was.. umm. uhhh.. OK. The music was good- nice pacing. The commentary came across as the ranting of someone who lacks maturity. SFFT is the model that Shiparo says he is going to use to rebuild SF. Your reaction is exactly what I expect because you are not in the demographic that he has in mind. You know what.. his idea is working. Per cap spending and attendance is up- profit is up as well. So I do not think anyone at SF is going to care too much about the rant. As for the Texas parks- those are our home parks you know-do us a favor. If you are going to not have fun at our parks then stay at home in Alabama. I am sure that you can find the same thrills and chills you experienced at Alabama Adventure.. right?

Speaking of Texas pride, how's the Bullet running today? Or is that closed too?

What's wrong with his opinion? I mean, this is coming from someone with flawed ones at that, but still, if their experience sucked, then it sucked. He's not sugar coating any of it, and he's allowed to mess with Texas if he'd like. It's not like these guys don't have a frame of reference for what a park's operations should be like at any given time of the day.

Okay, that .02 was burning a hole in my pocket. I feel better now. Not good enough to experience Texas anytime soon, but better nonetheless.

Nice video, Tyler.

Dude,

Ah, a pissed off fan boy, I see. If you watched the video and payed attention correctly, you would see that they were mad because of the horrible park operations, he even said that it was a nice park.

Tyler, your videos are great! They have some great coaster footage and always make me laugh! Especially that rant at the end, That cracked me up!

Looking foward to see more!

-Gaven.

Dude,

I'm glad Shapiro is using it as his model. Like I said, it was a really nice park. However, it's the operations that made it horrible. And as much as I love your stereotyping, I never once criticized Shapiro's plan.

Had you actually paid attention, you would have also noticed that I praised two other parks in Texas. You can find the video for one of those parks earlier in this thread. Seriously dude, I'm sure there are plenty of monarchies in the world who would love having you as a resident, since you don't believe in saying anything negative about that great state of Texas.

My "immature" rant was intended to be... you guessed it! Immature! After our horrible day at the park, one of us came up with the idea of ranting to the camera about the park, so I did it for comical relief. Granted, everything that was said was actually true, but it was said in a profane fashion for humor.

So, in other words, your Don't-Mess-With-Texas opinions "came across as the ranting of someone who lacks maturity."

-Scott the Immature, Ranting Douche Bag

I agree with your commentary about SFFT. I went there a few years ago three days in a row and their operations were horrible. I guess things haven't changed. Also, that park has NO SHADE whatsoever, especially the boardwalk. I loved your video on SFOT, it was really upbeat and it was very positive. I wish though that SFOT would do something about the terribly themed Gotham City. It is just games and early 2000s pop music blaring around, it is nowhere near as cool as SFOGs. They even made it worse by putting televisions in the Freeze and Batman ques, Freeze's line has always been creepy up until they put those TVs in. Ya I know that this is random, but, I needed to share this, lol. Anyway, Great vids, hope you're enjoying summer.

^

Yeah, I have to agree that watching Randy Travis perform "Forever & Ever Amen" at the AMA's twenty years ago kind of kills the suspense.

Yeah, I used to LOVE the theming in Freeze's que. It was creepy and they would blare "The First Confrontation" by Danny Elfman from the 1989 Batman, and then you would get to the station and the lights were dim and it would play creepy ice cream truck music. Now the speakers are silent and the TVs are the only sound you hear. Oh well, the GP can now be entertained by the TVs and the GP are the main customers anyway.

I am sure that you can find the same thrills and chills you experienced at Alabama Adventure.. right?

This man has a burr in his saddle and has never tried full contact possum skinnin. Better 'n bingo on a Tuesday night, though it is kinda fun to watch 2 little old ladies fight over who really won that can of Jalepeno Easy Cheese.

Nonesense aside, Tyler, I've enjoyed your videos thus far and get the feeling you were trying something new creatively to keep things interesting with this last one. Am I close? Mix things up a little instead of going with a typical formula?

You do well with pacing, referencing song lyrics, and mixing in bits of the park and antics. You keep it light hearted and fun. Bottom line, the videos are entertaining. You're doing well.

Keep up the good work.

The video was very good. My one gripe would just to have slightly more park footage but I loved the rant at the end. That was very funny and made my day. Some of the coaster shots were really cool. And to the comment about Boomerang's line being out the door, I don;t think some people realize this but the Boomerang at SFFT has a freaking LONG que line. I think it can actually hold up to a 2-3 hour wait and if the line was out the door, who the hell would wait 3 hours for a boomerang?

Now you all can all see why I constantly say to go to Sea World. I completely agree that Krypton Coaster is over-rated. Where is the Sea World video?

And btw, I live in San Antonio so to all who say the ops were great at Six Flags, you seriously hit it on a lucky day becaues every day I go, they are running one or 2 trains on Rattler which is a freakin long a$$ ride and they still manage to stack them out the butt...oh and each train seats 20 people. Krypton Coaster they run 2 trains but have one person checking 32 restraints making operations suck even more. And Poltergeist rarely runs more than one train. I went on a Saturday and Scream had one tower open making for a rediculous long wait.

David-Sfft fanboys, feel free to bash me