TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RCT pairs A fun and unique new RCT2 competition

which park do you like best  

6 members have voted

1. 1. which park do you like best

• colorado escape
    • ny park
    • other park

My goal is to get the scenarios finished tonight. Since I am getting them finished so fast I obviously do not have a upper hand in time. I still really badly want to be in the competition. I am fine to be paired with anyone.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dbru I can be on your team if you want or will be on any1's team. Also to answer your question no you cannot help theme it. However you can tell your teammate how to make it better but they must do it on their own because otherwise there is no point in pairs. Remember that we cannot start until april 1st though so that can give people time to sign up. Also I like your idea so I will post who is involved so teams can be chosen. If any 1 wants me I will be on the next posters team unless you don't want me

Unless its Teller. Teller I think you should go with someone who has little experience because you are so good at this game.

Another rule update has been posted with a directory as well as a few new rules. Last one unless there is a drastic change or someone totally disagrees I promise.

I have finished a scenario full of scenery. I put a picture and the download here. http://www.brandonscoasters.com/contest1.htm I was going to first make several different types to pick from, but then decided that everyone should start from scratch. So here's the contest scenario full of custom scenery so everyone should have what they need and it should be fair.

Just open it, but I don't think you should start building any scenery as he said we weren't supposed to till the 1st. But feel free to open it and get the custom scenery.

EDIT: I don't want to upset anyone, feel free to put me with any person that you feel is right for me to team with.

If you have RCT2 installed you should see a little entrance symbol and if you click it, it should open right up. You could also stick it in, mycomputer, localdisckc, programfiles, infrogams interactive or atari, rollercoaster tycoon2, then scenarios. I believe that is where the file is actually located and put in.

^Oh thanks! I got it to work!

Oh BTW, why is all the water and trees pink/purple? J/W

Becuase they all are color changeable and large objects. So that meant more variety in color and more small objects for building.

Oh, (duh Daniel...) lol. Yeah I was looking at it and the trees kept changing color every time I adjusted a wall color, I was like, "What the heeeck!?!?"

Can I experiment around a little bit with the custom scenery just to get used to it (Never had RCT2 custom scenery...) as long as we start all over when the contest begins?

Yes DBru feel free to start a park but make sure you start over when the competition begins

Also DBru since we are on a team I thought I would give you my email. I have a pretty coll coaster concept I think but want to talk to you first.

lolahermosa@yahoo.com

So email me and also whats your email.

Also Yes riccoaster you can pair up with Teller and Upside Down can pair with Pufferfish

Try to get others to join becuase this will be amazing if we have a lot of teams.

Thanks Teller for the awesome scenarios and try to post the next few soon.

Also I suggest trying to find 8 car because it makes landscaping a hell of a lot easier.

Yes please do everyone that wants to participate I would HIGHLY suggest getting 8-cars or at least son of beast trainer.

I decide that I think to be fair everyone should start with a blank map, since some people were commenting about me making the parks and people having a unfair advantage.

But I have also decide I may start a topic soon with sand boxes for people to play custom scenarios made by me, with scenery, custom rides, etc. Only if people really would like to use them though, or if any one would like me to do this.

Your map is great and even though your scenery is hard to work with. With a little landscaping and a few special ride mods with 8 car I can really make a nice park. And becuase DBru does not seem to know a lot of functions about RCT2 I will teach him so bring it on everyone.

I still kept some easy stuff in there. But if you really want a competition with the top of the line scenery. To be able to make whatever you can think of, then it really covers it. That's why I put that scenery in there, I use that type of scenery in a majority of my buildings. It's easy to work with once you get the hang of it, and you can take my word, that there are a lot of scenery in there to make parks much better then I ever created. I'm pretty confident that every one should be able to create something. Also all other RCT2 competitions like this at other RCT2 sites mainly use those tabs, that was another reason I went with what I did.

I truly put a lot of thought with what scenery was in there. I was not even thinking of what I could make, to tell the truth I don't have any plans yet, with what I'm going to start making. I will have some though by April first I promise.

Also could my partner please PM so we can exchange emails. To decide who will start first as we will have to exchange the park between each other, and obviously can't both be working on the park at the same time.

Okay, I need some help with 8cars. I followed the directions, installed it, pulled up the program, then ran RCT2. After going to the scenario, I pressed which minimized the game. Now what? The 8cars menu is just a big blank gray screen with tabs at the top. What do I do?

I hope I'm not discouraging you, Ghost, lol. Trust me, I won't be a bad partner!

Question for BRTeller: I don't see those "supports" that people use to enhance their wooden coasters and elevator towers, will they come later in the scenario (as time progresses)?

Ahhh, I can't believe I took them out of the scenario. Those start automatically with it, I checked the scenario in the editor. So I must have took them out. What am I going to do. I can edit for you if you'd like and switch the downloads on my site.

It's up to you guys.