TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just realized this comes out on Friday. Isn't that an unusual launch day?

I'm very excited. I can't decide which coaster type I will model first. At first ones thinking a spinner, but free seeing the suspended in action those look they could be a lot of fun to play with.

At least in the EU I feel like games were always released on fridays to game stores, It's been 3 years but I remember new DVD's always hitting shelves on mondays, new books seemed to always hit book stores thursdays and computer games came out on fridays and very very rarely other days.

Will there be any smooth shading in NoLimits 2 for lower-polygon models? I read something about NoLimits 2 having materials, but I'm not sure.

Yes. So one of the big problems in the past was that many of the free 3D modeling programs do not support smoothing groups; or support only their own internal version of that feature. In the case of Blender, for example, .3DS files would appear faceted (or worse). We now have a feature to force shading on objects exported from Blender and other apps that do not store smoothing groups so that you can now use these modeling programs without worrying about compatibility.

As for materials. NL2 features a material editor that will allow you to create .NL2MAT files and assign them to scenery objects. .NL2MAT files can contain color information, multiple textures with shaders and blending profiles, special effect shaders, and special properties such as occlusion (useful for optimizing scene performance) among other features. When it comes to material properties in NL2 there is very little you cannot do.

Is it bad that I'm re-checking TPR and nolimits.de ever 5 seconds waiting for it to be release?!

Don't forget to re-checking every 5 secound the NL2 page in Twitter

Downloading now! ...very slowly. Should be done in about 7 hours

I'm not so sure now mine seems to be slowing down, I guess more people are buying it even before the official announcement and slowing servers, I have 100mbps here in korea but it's telling me download will be 10hours. I dread to think how slow it will be once the official announcement is up and people waiting for discount codes join in. Now its gone down to 16 and a half hours

Edited by Garet

But... but... where's the NL1 owner's discount?!

EDIT: My demo failed to install. anyone else have this problem?

Did you try switching the destination folder to Program Files x86, the demo tries to go in the regular program files by default.

There's no announcement on the main site that I can see so i'm not sure how people got the buy link but I think it's been shared more by word of mouth than officially available since the twitter and facebook and main page is empty. Maybe once the official announcement happens they'll give discount codes? I'm going to play with the demon until the main download is done since the demo speed has much faster download speeds right now until the traffic dies down.

I hope it happens soon! I am not a patient man, and it's taking all my might not to hit that buy now button!

I hit the buy now button and didn't wait and i'm currently seeing 12.5kb/s download speeds, so it may be just as worth it to wait until all the impatient idiots like me have stopped clogging up the servers and you won't be that far behind.

I just hope al you premature clickers won't encounter a corrupt file like what I found with the demo installer! Otherwise you might have to download all over again.

Gah, people are already saying on facebook that they're playing it and all I keep getting is errors! This is starting to worry me. I hope NL2 runs on m machines!

Decided to try out the demo first, and it installed a treat.

Now I'm going for a deeper look

EDIT: tried and change to fullscreen in the settings, and it completely broke NL2

Will try to reinstall.

Edited by Loefet