TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Disneyland Mark VII Monorail train spotted!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Those are beautiful. I'm so glad my Ap doesn't expire until March!Since those look really retro, I wonder what they are going to do for the rest of Tomorrowland. . . . I hope they gut Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, put in Stitch's Great Escape, Revamp, or take out Star Tours. If they do take it out, then they should put in Mission Space. Put in a new retro looking Peoplemover, and redo the Autopia cars. Those Monorails are going to make Tomorrowland look much better.

Wow. Those are beautiful. I'm so glad my Ap doesn't expire until March!Since those look really retro, I wonder what they are going to do for the rest of Tomorrowland. . . . I hope they gut Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, put in Stitch's Great Escape, Revamp, or take out Star Tours. If they do take it out, then they should put in Mission Space. Put in a new retro looking Peoplemover, and redo the Autopia cars. Those Monorails are going to make Tomorrowland look much better.

AHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Oh wait, what? Sorry.

On topic, the inside of these trains are very cool. I love the fiber optic effects they have.

"Or are the front and rear cars completely new?" (PURE)

From what I understand, everything is brand new. They'd be fools to use 50-year-old parts for these trains. The Mark Vs were based on the original trains, but those weren't quite 30 years old at the time. To me, that was bad enough.

Eric

^ The Mark III trains did not have seating like that, so I'm going to say (as I did before) that everything is new.

Maybe it's just me, but those seats look like they're not padded. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

Eric

^ The Mark III trains did not have seating like that, so I'm going to say (as I did before) that everything is new.

Maybe it's just me, but those seats look like they're not padded. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

I thought the scuttlebutt was that while the passenger compartment and exterior paneling are new, the chassis are the old Mark Vs.