TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

3.)Kemah Boardwalk is open all year...they aren't trying to meet a deadline to get a ride open for the "season". They aren't working extra hours or extra shifts on it. They pretty much work Monday-Saturday from 8-5.

Toverland is also open every single day, from 10 to 6 . And all the rides work every day!

Still, I think this beauty is going to beat 'Troy' hands on. Troy is a family woody, this is more the Thrill freaks ride!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dining experience will be different! I am sure they have it thought out. A lot of people will want to eat where they can see the coaster, and as far as noise, It will be hard to say until the coaster runs. It might be a lot more quiet than you think in Salt Grass or it might shake the plates off the table. My bet is you will hear it but the noise from Boardwalk Bullet will not be too intrusive.

I dont care about the noise. I wont be eating there. It was just an observation. No restaurant is quite all the way, but none and i mean none have the sound of a rollercoaster roaring right by the window of the restaurant with 36 screaming passengers. So I dont understand why someone would think that wasnt a valid observation.

almightyfire wrote:

I am concerned about the noise disturbing the patrons at Salt Grass. Just an observation.

Noise? What's next it's too tall? How many landrys' resturants or any seafood restuarant have you been to that are quiet?

My tribute to Astroworld...http://www.oldastroworld.com

Last edited by fmulder21 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 am

No I was responding to the sarcasm above. Hell I am gonna go there all the time and probably get a burger or something. I was wondering what non coaster fans were gonna say.

If people don't like it they don't have to eat there, simple as that. It's not like it's right up against someone's home. Also, I'm sure they have some sort of extra thick insulating glass, that stuff does wonders for noise.

almightyfire wrote:

I am concerned about the noise disturbing the patrons at Salt Grass. Just an observation.

Noise? What's next it's too tall? How many landrys' resturants or any seafood restuarant have you been to that are quiet?

My tribute to Astroworld...http://www.oldastroworld.com

Last edited by fmulder21 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 am

No I was responding to the sarcasm above. Hell I am gonna go there all the time and probably get a burger or something. I was wondering what non coaster fans were gonna say.

If i came off as being sarcastic i'm sorry. Frankly i don't think the non coaster type person would seriously care. I mean look how oblivious people are to a 90 some foot tall structure when they cross the street.

If people don't like it they don't have to eat there, simple as that. It's not like it's right up against someone's home. Also, I'm sure they have some sort of extra thick insulating glass, that stuff does wonders for noise.

Um...actually...there are houses right next door...in fact, there is a house right in the "crook" of the "L" shape the coaster layout makes...kinda reminded me of that house that was built beneath the Thunderbolt coaster at Coney Island....the house across the street is for sale.

-Derek

I think the one nearest the ride is owned by Landrys...I've seen Kemah Boardwalk groundskeepers mowing the lawn a few times and I've never seen anyone in the house.

I've seen people at the houses across the street several times. There definitely appears to be someone living in the one nearest the water.

Good to see your new pics again CoasterPhotos! From the picture, are the color of the trains somekind of orange mix? If there's enough cars to put 2 trains together... will that slow down ridership on an hourly basis.. like putting brakes throughout the track course?

Neat how the entrance is right next to some fly-bys. Is it possible that fly-by will be concealed with a tunnel?

I think the trains are made to look like a wood grain.

Yes, there will be 2 trains and I don't think there will be brakes "throughout the track course" because there is no reason to. A coaster can run 2 trains without having brakes on the ride course...such as Texas Cyclone did.

The track that goes along the entrance path is the turn at the bottom of the first drop and will be in a tunnel.