TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Williams Grove Auction Photos

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad indeed. I was at the Idora Park auction in the fall of 1984. It was so sad to see it all go, and no matter how nice the day was, it still left a lump in your throat when you realize the park will never come back.

I did end up getting a car from the Wildcat which sat in my parent's garage for about 5 years until I sold it. Neat to sit in, but I would have preferred to have it running the rails.

Williams Grove, while not a great park, was still fun and quirky. I remember riding the Cyclone and thinking to myself that it would fall over any minute! But that was half the fun!

Williams Grove, while not a great park, was still fun and quirky. I remember riding the Cyclone and thinking to myself that it would fall over any minute! But that was half the fun!

Yup. WG might not have been great. But it was still a nice place.. And one of a kind.

Canobie "::( I loved Cyclone" Fan

A very sad day indeed, another park closes and some of the rides are lost for ever.

Why was the wood coaster, pretzel dark ride and in-house waterslides not in the auction..?

All the "Cyclone" needs is to be re-tracked, repainted and replace any supports which are loose or infected with woodworm. Give the trains new wheels and once that has been done it will be a fantastic ride.

I think it should be saved, it is the only coaster left from it's designer and this alone makes it worth saving, the more "coasters designed and built by different designers the better".

I guess that is asking too much for some one to buy it if the coaster ever comes to being sold, I will assume the "Cyclone" will go the same route as "Big Dipper" at Chippa Lake, left to rot and collapse back to nature.

I bet the " Blue Streak" will be left to die if the Park does not open next season.