TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I can understand why they'd remove minebuster, but to me, it really seems like construction is starting a little too early for something in 2017, especally since they just closed skyrider. If minebuster was removed, this would be two years where rides were taken out. Furthermore, the ride(s) removed (skyrider being one of them) have some historical significance at the park. Doesn't seem like CW would get rid of two of their' "classic" coasters in that short a time span. After all, the press release about skyrider's removal last fall described the demolition as a "difficult decision".

What I think would be more likely, is the temporary closure of minebuster so crews can either work to retrack/RMC it, or more likely, build "Ziz" around it.

What's the origin of these rumours that the next major coaster won't be until 2017? I see a few people repeating this as gospel, but prevailing evidence certainly suggests otherwise.

We are essentially seeing the same (arguably more) activity than the same time-point in Leviathan construction process. Skyriders departure would be quite odd for a project that wouldn't actually begin construction until 2016.

If a B&M coaster is not bound for Canada's Wonderland, than what other Cedar Fair park do those repeating this 2017 story think will get a 2016 coaster? Cedar Fair has very consistently ordered one B&M a year and none of the other parks are due outside of maybe Kings Dominion. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of soft-commitment signed some time ago that Cedar Fair wants one B&M per year and to set aside the appropriate capacity.

^Couldn't have said it better myself! Also seems like They've got a deal to put a B&M/Major attraction into CW every 4 years, looking at the trend with Leviathan and Behemoth.

Also just playing devil's advocate though. What about the CP Dive Machine rumour?

Someone had said Cedar Fair spends about $150 million on improvements a year. I guess that doesn't rule our two B&Ms, but I'm not sure.

We are essentially seeing the same (arguably more) activity than the same time-point in Leviathan construction process. Skyriders departure would be quite odd for a project that wouldn't actually begin construction until 2016.

Maybe they found a buyer for Skyrider faster than anticipated. Maybe they just didn't want to pour more money in to it even though they might wait a year or longer to do something with the space. There could be any number of reasons why they took out Skyrider and possibly wait for an attraction until 2017.

^Couldn't have said it better myself! Also seems like They've got a deal to put a B&M/Major attraction into CW every 4 years, looking at the trend with Leviathan and Behemoth.

I doubt they really have an every 4 year deal with B&M, I don't think you can call something a trend with only 2 examples.

Not trying to be argumentative, they (CW) has their master plan and we'll all find it out soon. I really do wish CF took a break from B&M, although Banshee was a nice surprise and Fury looks decent (I'll find out later this year). I love B&M but I'd like to see a little more variety in their new additions. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe they found a buyer for Skyrider faster than anticipated. Maybe they just didn't want to pour more money in to it even though they might wait a year or longer to do something with the space. There could be any number of reasons why they took out Skyrider and possibly wait for an attraction until 2017.

I doubt they really have an every 4 year deal with B&M, I don't think you can call something a trend with only 2 examples.

Not trying to be argumentative, they (CW) has their master plan and we'll all find it out soon. I really do wish CF took a break from B&M, although Banshee was a nice surprise and Fury looks decent (I'll find out later this year). I love B&M but I'd like to see a little more variety in their new additions. Just my 2 cents.

THANK YOU!!! It happened every 4 years here at CW once! It is not a trend! plus we just got a 10 million dollar coaster 2 years ago! Skyrider was removed to make way for leisure activities and Minebuster is being removed for 2017 coaster or remake.

SkyRider was supposed to get scrapped. They just figured they could make a few extra bucks by selling it. Had Italy not bought it, it was heading to the scrap yard.

And CedarFair1, I still don't understand where your getting all this information. From the sounds of it, your getting it from "a person who doesn't work at the park" which basically means anyone can be saying anything....

And be careful with your wording because it sounds like your making quite a few assumptions. Your post above says Minebuster WILL get removed/Iron Horsed in 2017....meanwhile you have not shown any reliable source for this info....

As I have said I don't have a reliable source I trust the person who told me this as they were right about WMG and Windseeker. I fully understand that this is a rumor and to be taken very very lightly. I am just sharing what I heard as he was right about the last two additions. I will say though he was wrong about Leviathan, said it was going to be a flyer.. So again take it as you please.

WindSeeker was predicated by pretty much every fan group for each park it went to in 2011....and we all knew a dark ride was coming in 2014 since it was leaked a week before the announcement.

Also, was he right about Sling Shot?

WindSeeker was predicated by pretty much every fan group for each park it went to in 2011....and we all knew a dark ride was coming in 2014 since it was leaked a week before the announcement.

Yes but he told me well before anyone knew. In May he was telling em to look at the mountain and I could never see anything and I remember texting him being like I can't see anything I don't believe you and he would just say fine but its there..

Windseeker I knew about the season before because of him. Kept saying it was a very tall Ferris wheel style of ride, he was close enough.

He no longer works for the park and doesn't know what is coming in 2017 nor 2016. Just kind of had a feeling? He is now unreliable I was just stating what he said about Minebuster in it's final season as Minebuster. He did not know why it was being closed.

Does this clarify stuff? I do want to point out when he worked for the park he was incorrect about stuff still to, thought Leviathan was going to be a b&m flyer and did not know about slingshot, further proving even employees higher up don't always know the answers to everything.

Ferries wheel type of ride....WindSeeker? Best description ever!!!! LOL!

Anyways, let's just enjoy the season and hope for something interesting to happen between now and September [emoji6]

EDIT: actually now that I think of it, there were several "seasonal" employees that actually new something was being built in the mountain since construction did start earlier than May (I heard April)

Ferries wheel type of ride....WindSeeker? Best description ever!!!! LOL!

Anyways, let's just enjoy the season and hope for something interesting to happen between now and September [emoji6]

Well if he's right then we should know very shortly within two weeks about some more infor regarding it.

2 weeks??? I would think the park would start teasing first.....right?

I think he was referring to Minebusters announcement, but he didn't say just said by the time I get back there should be more info released about the future. VERY VAGUE

Cedar Fair has very consistently ordered one B&M a year and none of the other parks are due outside of maybe Kings Dominion.

How about ValleyFair? They haven't received a new coaster since 2007, and they don't have a B&M. The only coaster with inversions is the old Arrow Corkscrew, and that was built in 1980.

As I have said I don't have a reliable source I trust the person who told me this as they were right about WMG and Windseeker. I fully understand that this is a rumor and to be taken very very lightly. I am just sharing what I heard as he was right about the last two additions. I will say though he was wrong about Leviathan, said it was going to be a flyer.. So again take it as you please.

Those Dippin' dots guys usually have their fingers on the pulse...

How about ValleyFair? They haven't received a new coaster since 2007, and they don't have a B&M. The only coaster with inversions is the old Arrow Corkscrew, and that was built in 1980.

This is CW not Valleyfair, they are different parks, we do not need to compare. Besides CW has way more visitors which means they can afford getting new rides.