TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

For someone (hersheyparkfan3) who acts like he knows a lot about Hershey Park, his "website" sure isn't showing it. According to him, Sooperdooperlooper was an Intamin coaster.

Also a quote from his website...

The mysterious Nantimi website is probbably a fake! We have proof that NANTIMI may not be a real company, but actually an acronym for INTAMIN. Intamin A.G. is a Swiss based ride manufacturer known for their steel thrill rides, and also the builder of 4 other major Hersheypark rides (Sooperdooperlooper, Kissing Tower, Storm Runner, and the Canyon River Rapids). Nantimi.com is full of odd hidden clues, all with faded letters. Here are some images from Nantimi.com that prove either this site is fake or someone has no life...

He doesn't know much more than any of us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread is just rediculous speculation from over-excited enthusiasts who will believe almost anything. The person who is running the whole natimi website copied things from other coaster releases/hhn stuff and is just having a good laugh. There is nothing legitimate about any of this. Hershey wouldn't want it (unless they are behind it, which I doubt) and would have done something about it by now if any of it were real. It's their big announcement. If these rediculous NL screenshots were real, they would have been stopped by now. Believe me, it's just one big hoax.

^dude. First you say you know what the ride is. Then you say you are going to be one of the people who will get to know, obviously meaning you don't know. I'm not being rude, or trying to bash, but face it. If you did know, you wouldn't have made that second comment.

And no, it wasn't built by Intamin. Go check RCDB again...

Hershey wouldn't want it (unless they are behind it, which I doubt) and would have done something about it by now if any of it were real. It's their big announcement. If these rediculous NL screenshots were real, they would have been stopped by now. Believe me, it's just one big hoax.

If it were real, then Hershey would have no reason to shut them down, so long as they had permission, right? I would think that Hershey would only shut them down for pretending to be real, like you suggest they are.

Sure, there's still the change that this whole thing is one huge elaborate hoax, but I would think that if that were the case, Hershey would have done something about it by now. Plus, didn't Nantimi declare the new announcement date before Hershey did? I think that there's a lot more evidence supporting the theory that Hershey IS Nantimi rather than Nantimi being entirely bogus.

Eh, who knows. *shrugs* We'll find out in a few days either way. For now, I'm just having fun. 8)

Why wouldn't Hershey want it? They have hundreds of people who've made thousands of posts on a dozen different coaster websites hyping whatever this attraction is. People are talking about it.

How much buzz would there be if HERCO did nothing more than what they posted on the official Hershey website? That blurb about heat and degrees is two week old news by now. Discussion about that was over and done with the day after it was posted.

Maybe they wanted to do something different from what other parks are doing. HW has the Holiblog, CP has several fansites where people discuss upcoming projects, a lot of parks have construction cams. Why not create an alternate reality game and let enthusiasts play along?

A lot of people have said Hershey doesn't or wouldn't operate that way. Again I say why not? It's kind of funny that we all expect them to put in a state of the art coaster to 2008 standards, yet expect them to market it using techniques from the 1960s.

Some have said Hershey wouldn't go through the effort and expense to create a fake website and blog. But someone trying to create a hoax would have to put out the same effort and expense. If a large company couldn't afford to do it, how could one person manage? Just to pull off a joke? If so, I hope that person either married rich or has a trust fund they're living off of.

As an HP fan, I'm kind of getting sick of hearing "Nantimi this Nantimi that. I just want some evidence like photos of track or ground clearing. We really didn't see any new photos at the construction site for awhile now.

IMO this whole thing is out of hand. At one point on another forum, members were accusing new posters who post in that topic that they were behind the site (unbelieveable).

I just think that site is almost all a hoax right now.... well, let's jut say 50% true right now because of homer's movie.

But here's some REAL news, the slides for western chute out are up for sale on rides4U.com. They are nick1-5

http://www.rides4u.com/index.php/rides/results/cat/24

First they have to get rid of what's there, Ccron. If they intend to sell the Chute Out slides, they can't just go in and bulldoze them over.

The park is still open, even if only on weekends, and the walkway from the arcade past the Chutes is the main route to Midway America. They can't just close that off like they did the Boardwalk area last year. I'm sure right now there is nothing new to take pictures of anyway, unless you want to see survey markers from a different orientation.

They haven't even announced the ride yet, why should they be starting construction? And why pile track around the park that they won't be installing for months yet? We have demolition to worry about first, then foundations, utilities, then structure, then track. Patience, people.

Wow I'm glad I didn't miss anything between sleep and working this morning except for a lot of people acting like 1st graders.

I know a lot of people who are consistently contributing to this thread are doing it because its fun and it is something to think about and figure out. Keyword = fun.

If it's not true.... I'm not going to lose any sleep come next week when Hersheypark announces some Vekoma Roller Skater or something that isn't an Intamin and has nothing to do with the images or anything.

It it is true then Hersheypark rocks for hyping up the coaster community in a really effective and cool way.

So if you want to post something along the lines of "you guys are so stupid for believing this".. do me a favor and don't post it! It'll cut down the amount of the wear and tear on my mouse wheel

^Agreed

And this thread would be at the minimum like 7 pages shorter if it werent for stupid idiotic posts that no one really cares about.

And to make this post a non-stupid/idiotic one I will post this...

I enjoy the fact that we are using clues to find out what this rides gonna be, even if nantimi is fake. It really stimulates the mind, and makes you think, and for those who cant think ( ) then just read along.

That is all...

^Agreed

And this thread would be at the minimum like 7 pages shorter if it werent for stupid idiotic posts that no one really cares about.

And to make this post a non-stupid/idiotic one I will post this...

I enjoy the fact that we are using clues to find out what this rides gonna be, even if nantimi is fake. It really stimulates the mind, and makes you think, and for those who cant think ( ) then just read along.

That is all...

And yet you make one of those, "stupid idiotic posts," that you were just complaining about...

I like it because it's something different - some parks will put up teaser phrases and stuff like that, but none have ever (to my knowledge) gone this far. I think it's great that Hershey has taken the time to do this, I mean they know who they're aiming for, so at least we know they appreciate the coaster fans.

It seems like it's been quiet today. No new hints or clues. Has Nantimi been deterred from all this negativity? Maybe this is what Donan was referring to when he said Play Nice.

Or maybe even elaborate coaster puzzle-makers take off on the weekends.

Either way, anyone want to discuss their final guesses as to what the ride is going to be? Just trying to get this topic back on track.

^^^ With some of the posts you have made, I don't see how you can be sure of anything, let alone the rest that make up this "we"...

But in all seriousness, this thread has been really entertaining to read through. I personally don't think this whole thing is a hoax, but I also feel that nothing is official until there is an official announcement/press release. People that boast about "knowing" what this ride is are just looking for attention IMO and don't realize that most of the people on here don't care since the announcement is just a few more days away. It's really easy to slip up in posts when you have no clue of what you're talking about.

I have two ideas about what it will be. Either a B&M hyper (possibly looping) or a really funky-cool Intamin looper . My bet is on the latter of the two.

Turbulence was announced, diagrams of the ride were given to news organizations, and rides were being dismantled to accomodate it. They cancelled the order months after the announcement because the cost of steel was going up and the company building it decided they could not build it for the agreed upon price. Hershey then sued for breach on contract.

AND mudvayneimn:

There are people that do have an inside scoop. As suspicious as it may sound and yes there have been some bogus posts here (circa homer) there is an intamin coaster with a verticle lift hill going in at Hershey Park for 2008. That is if the price of steel doesn't go through the roof. And it will be grand. It's ok to be wary of this, but thursday you will that Hersheyparkfan3 and I are on the same page. His info is accurate