TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Hollwood to also have BTTF removed

Got an email.

Heres part of it.

Click it and get this:

Back to the Future... The Ride®

Don't miss your last chance to join Marty and Doc Brown on one last time traveling adventure before 'Back to the Future: The Ride' closes forever.

Opened in 1993 as Universal Studios Hollywood’s first high technology thrill ride, 'Back to the Future: The Ride' has entertained millions of guests over the years. But the ride will soon close down to make room for a brand new ride, so Summer 2007 is your last chance to blast into the 'future' . . . before it's 'history'!

I guess USH is done with BTTF too...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something?

I can't detect scarcasam through a computer. I thought pizza>poop was missguided. PLEASE don't tell me that they closed ET. I might sound stupid right now, but the closure of ET would suck. If it did close, what happened to their Kongfrontation?

Well, I just hope the Simpson's ride is well done.

Honestly, why can't they keep a classic? (For lack of better words)

Because it takes up way too much land in a park that's really tight on space and is probably the most outdated attraction still operating at the park.

For crying out loud, the projection is so outdated you can see every pixel on the screen and a simple turn of your head during the ride you can see 7 other deloreon-shaped motion simulator pods shaking around above and next to you

It's about time they got rid of it. Classic schmassic.

Am I missing something?

I can't detect scarcasam through a computer. I thought pizza>poop was missguided. PLEASE don't tell me that they closed ET. I might sound stupid right now, but the closure of ET would suck. If it did close, what happened to their Kongfrontation?

They took E.T. to a nice farm with streams and fields and other E.T.'s to play with.

Also, "scarcasam".

I can't detect scarcasam through a computer.

WTF is scarcasam? Is that a new STD or can you just not detect sarcasm through a computer?

--Robb

too bad all the BTTF rides are closing I never been on 1 of them, but I always liked the movies but I like the simpsons more, so who cares anyway... (can't make up my mind)

Sorry, multiple typos. Sarcasm is what I mean. Scarcasm is apparently a mosh-up genera of music.

Never mind this all. Lets move on to the actual topic, but first:

Rob- Could you consider getting a spell checker that actually knows how to fix words? I mix up one letter of one word, and it's totally clueless. Not to be pushy, or anything, but this whole "scarcasm" thing could have been avoided if there was only a descent spell checker on the site. I tried googleing the correct spelling for "sarcasm", and "scarcasm was the first thing that came up. I fugered the C was silent (like in scientist), and went ahead and pasted it into my reply.

I rode only the BTTF at Universal Orlando, and after having ridden it a year and a half ago, both my dad and I (and the park faculty, for that matter) knew that its days were numbered. It was jerky, outdated, and somewhat unpleasent. The old people sitting next to us liked it, though.

I am so glad this is leaving. I have been on the ride a lot and felt it was getting old about two years ago, but I am hoping that the new ride is at least twice as good as BTTF. I really love Simpson's too so this new ride should kick butt or... I guess we would have to add with turning Country Bears into Winnie the Pooh!

I'd much rather have a Futurama ride...

This would kick such a huge amount of a$$ that it's almost indescribable.

Agreed. Oh well, at least its coming back to TV next year, hopefully it doesn't pull off a Family Guy and jump the shark after returning from cancellation.

At least I'm okay with the Simpsons.