TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You A Guitar Hero?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I can't make the jump to hard (damn you orange button) but I got a 456 note streak on Rock you like a hurricane on medium. I have the kingda ka streak!

Heres a guitar hero's dream. even though he's using the PC system guitar zero.

after seeing this, I stood there in shock, and after five minutes, said something along the lines of "for the love of god."

FINALLY got Guitar Hero 3 today with the wireless Kramer Striker guitar. After hearing mixed reviews, mainly negative, about the guitar, I tried it out and love it. The game is challenging (I beat GH2 on expert, but I'm beginning this on medium just to be safe), but not unfair so far. The only problem is that the fret buttons are making a loud clicking noise when I push them. Maybe with a little use, they'll quiet down.

I'm just glad I have the house to myself all day tomorrow!

Well, I've just started getting into this stuff to. With about a day of playing, I was into Medium. I don't think I'm gonna be out of that difficulty for a while because of the stupid orange button and the fact that Through the Fire and Flames is so friggin hard. My best song so far is 100% on The Metal by Tenacious D and 99% on My Name is Jonas by Weezer. Both on Medium.

---Brent

I'm surprised how hard Raining Blood, Through the Fire and Flames, and Devil Went Down to Georgia are on Medium mode. I expected them to be a total breeze because I beat Guitar Hero 2 on expert, but since I was unfamiliar with the songs and they have some tough parts, I was very surprised. I 5-starred Raining Blood, anyway.

Oh, and my best percentage on Through the Fire and Flames on expert is 73%, after which my fingers were about to fall off.

^ According to a G4 contest on "Attack of the Show" the best Guitar Hero player in the world got a 73% on Through Fire and Flames. Sounds like your pretty good! So yeah, I have two more songs to add to my 100%s, Even Flow by Pearl Jam and Holiday in Cambodia by Dead Kennedys.

---Brent

I realized the one terrible thing about Guitar Hero 3.

There are a million sections in Hard and Expert modes, where there SHOULD be hammer-ons or pull-offs (they're 8th notes or something), but of course, they're normal, and are nearly impossible to pull off without a ton of practice. That, and during a crazy solo or something, with a frenzy or HOPO's, there's all of a sudden a random, lone normal note that throws your multiplier off. That really ticks me off.

Oh, and I can't 5-star that freakin' "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Nite" on Hard!!!

I today realized just how different the new Kramer Striker controller feels from the red SG controller. Mainly it's the buttons, the SG ones go in a little bit very smoothly, while the Striker ones click down and up quickly. Also the Striker controller is a bit bigger, so I'm used to stretching my arm a little bit more.

Oh, "My Name Is Jonas" on Hard is so much fun. You can do, like, half the song with just HOPO's!

• 5 months later...

Just discovered this thread so here I go.

I love Guitar Hero! I'm now playing on hard but it's pretty hard (lol). I still have to get used to the orange button. Oh and what's with the insane Knight's of freakin' Cydonia?!? The strumming sucks on hard.

^ I agree that it's one of the best songs in the game, but the problem is I really REALLY suck at it.

I'm pretty good up until the solo, which is when I drop down into the red, but usually stay alive into the riff. But for some reason, I always die in the SECOND solo. Go figure.

Oh, and since I haven't posted my current stats on this thread in a while, I've 5-starred Cult of Personality, Cliffs of Dover, Before I Forget, Prayer of the Refugee (BEST SONG EVER!!!), 3's & 7's, all on expert.

And I've only 4-starred: Knights of Cydonia, Number of the Beast, Raining Blood, Pride and Joy, again all on expert.

And for some freakin' reason, I can't beat that freakin' last boss, because Lou is freakin' HARD!

^ To beat Lou, all you need to do is get a whammy on the first chance to get an attack and use it when Lou gets bombarded with a ton of green notes like 2 seconds later. You may have to try a few times to get the whammy attack, but it works!!

My stats- I've beaten the game on Expert, and have 5 stared everything down to Pride and Joy( I can only 4 star that ) After that, my stats aren't too pretty, except for One

Here is a video of me playing One by Metallica(best song EVER) on Expert:

dude, nice job!

thanks for keeping this thread alive.

my status: beaten expert with my friend and going through the bonus songs now. really havent played in a while so look for me on the forums or add me as a friend

gamertag: dalastm3rcinary

^^ Dang, you make it sound so easy...

Yesterday I tried that like 15 times, I got the whammy twice, but both times, Lou sent off the Amp Overload attack, which makes it nearly impossible to get the attack. It just got me SO freakin' mad.

Anyway, who's going to get Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS? I'm thinking that it looks pretty promising, but it needs some more songs on the website.

And I like the fact that the Amp Overload attack in it isn't the notes blinking, but you can't hear the music. Glad that'll get rid of that evil attack.

Anyway, who's going to get Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS? I'm thinking that it looks pretty promising, but it needs some more songs on the website.

I got to see somebody play it at gamestop the other day. it looks pretty cool but it is kinda hard to strum with the stylus, but i never played it. I would only get it if you play your DS alot.