TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You A Guitar Hero?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 6 hours ago I got Guitar Hero: On Tour. And for the most part, the game is pretty amazing.

One of the biggest problems with the game is the lack of songs, in my opinion. I mean, c'mon, only 25 songs in the ENTIRE GAME? Sure it has 1 bonus song, but REALLY. Seriously. But I'll let them off the hook because it's a handheld game, and yeah...

The Guitar Grip actually works pretty well, but it does take some getting used to to figure out the most comfortable way to hold it... The buttons feel a tiny bit cramped (they looked so much bigger in the ads!), but you get used to it about 3 songs in.

Some improvements over the last games are that the battle mode is a lot more fair, with less attacks that'll completely cripple your opponent and kill them in one move, and this time you're able to choose which of the attacks you've gained you want to deploy. Also improved is the difficulty, for the most part. Being an expert GH3 player, I was able to breeze through easy mode, and from what I've done, medium isn't that much harder than in GH2. But RedOctane has definately toned down the intensity of Expert mode, besides the last tier of songs.

Overall, 9/10. If you have a DS and have any taste for music games, buy this game. It's well worth the $50.

^I've beaten it on expert(sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, not trying to.). I beat it for the first time a few weeks ago. I tap the intro, but it took me several weeks to master it, and that was back in February. I thought the intro was the hardest part, but then it took me almost 6 months to get through the solo

Been playing Guitar Hero since the first one about 2/3 years ago, just got Guitar Hero Aerosmith and am now just over half way through it on Hard, getting there, always try expert after completing it in either Medium or Hard, gives me a chance to get to know the songs a bit better etc.....

Love It!!!!!

I just beat Guitar Hero: On Tour on expert mode. It's really easy compared to Guitar Hero 3, cuz I only failed one song (I Don't Wanna Stop on expert), and can only 4 star three songs (Knock Me Down, Pride And Joy, I Know A Little) on expert. Everything else, 5-star in one or two tries.

I admit it. I gave in and bought Rock Band for the PS2. And I love it. Waaaaaay more of a fun group game than Guitar Hero, but not as intense and not nearly as difficult, which is good. Great for beginners. I'd say it's on par with the Guitar Hero series, and that's saying a lot.

That, and I was sold out on the idea of it being on sale for $100 at Wal-Mart.