TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has anyone been to any Theme Parks in Canada?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Sometimes we do like Quality over Quantity though!

I don't think there was a single roller coaster that we re-rode at PCW! As for the flat rides...hmmm...how to put this...I guess we were just told for years how awesome they all were and that we'd be blown away, and again, we didn't bother re-riding any of them! Most of them can be found at other parks for fairs/carnivals. In fact our favorite was the Top Spin that got you drenched, and that was probably only because we didn't realize how soaked you got and it was such a good feature!

Elissa "from what I've heard the original jump is better than the super jump 2 at PCW" Alvey

^What she said.

Seriously, there might be 13 coasters there, but when the best ride in the park is a powered mine train, there may be a problem. PCW is a nice looking park, is clean, and the people there were polite enough, but there was nothing there that we rode again, and there's nothing there that would make me take a trip back there. Some of the coasters were painful, including the worst SLC I have ever been on!

And the flat rides, while they looked cool, were not all that exciting. One of them might have been, but there was such a short cycle on it that you got almost no sense of even minor intensity. Plus the operator screaming over the PA to "hold on to the handles" the entire cycle wasn't fun either. The soaking top spin was fun, though. And the donut frying machine...

dt

Elissa "from what I've heard the original jump is better than the super jump 2 at PCW" Alvey

I've never roden an original jump. But personally I found the Jump2 to be one of the most boring and tamest rides I've been on. It lacked any real kick to it. The drops and bounces were not too fast, and the spinning was slower then even your average scrambler. Plus after watching it a couple times you memorize the program. No surprise what so-ever. It would be much better with a random program.

And as far as roller coasters in Canada I'd say they lack many "good" rides. Mind Bender at West Edmonton mall, and Coaster at Playland in VAncouver are probably the only one's I'd consider great rides(and this is from word of mouth). PCW is finally gettinga potential good ride in IT:ST. other then that the park is average as they come.

And PCW in my mind butchered Mighty Canadian Mindbuster. They reprofiled/removed entire hills to fit water slides in. they ruined what used to be hands down the best ride in the park.

Well, thats nice to hear that PCW is a clean park. I have been to SFDL last summer and it was so dirty and the walls had so much gum stuck to them. What kind of people stick gum on theme park walls or any wall for that matter? As for the PCW rides, they have been getting better as the years go by. The Cliff Hanger top spin ride is one of my fav rides at PCW.

You really got soaked on that ride which is great on a hot day. Im going on a 5 Day Canadian Coaster tour this year in late July 2005. It should be alot of fun. I think we are going to visit 6 theme parks all around Ontario and Quebec. Its going to be a blast! 8)

• 1 year later...

I go to laronde as much as i can.... anyone who has been there have you seen any coasters besides goliath run 2 trains?? I've never seen 2 trains run on any coaster at laronde. even if its packed and ive seen PCW run 2 trains on most the coasters and there was hardly anyone there. Also for laronde some of the ride op's get really annoyed if you ask them if they will run two trains most of the time they say it hasn't been inspected or it's broken...

I've been to La Ronde, it is in a lovely spot on that island. I thought the operations were a bit average on the day I was there - all one train, really slow dispatch times, additionally they wouldn't open the gates until a period of time after the people on the coaster got off (maybe that's law in that part of the land), which didn't help.

I thought the coasters were mostly average - Batman clones (called vampire in this case) are generally a good ride, the intamin stand up was not that exciting, the big woodie Le Monstre was disappointing, all the others aren't worth mentioning.

I would have to say the addition of Goliath is a big improvement, would have liked to have ridden that one. It was free because I had a six flags season pass so that helped.

I've been to Marineland and PCW.

Marineland has Dragon Mountain, which is my first coaster. It's a good Arrow Looper, and the park is full of shows and other entertainment, but it's not a coaster park.

PCW actually impressed me. I loved the Vortex, it was my favorite ride there. I must have caught it on some good days, but who knows. Dragon Fire, though very plain and tame, was smooth and comfortable for an Arrow looper. The wood coasters, while not the greatest, weren't horrible either.

Galaxyland in West Edmonton Mall is just plain amazing. Worlds tallest, largest and fastest indoor roller coaster, and it has three loops! You pull Six G's on that baby and its like 20 feet lower than Goliath at La Ronde-- but it's indoors. I find that pretty cool. The helix near the end is INTENSE.

Plus, Solar Flare gives your ground rush, Galaxy Twister (INSANE freakin top spin) does this thing where it's tame at the beginning, does a wave motion mid-way (One arm goes down while the other says level) and then it just turns plain mean... it makes you flip like 60 times in a row. Advice: Don't and I mean DON'T sit in the end seets unless you like your feet being pushed into the back of the ride so hard it feels like they are being meshed into it...

Space shot is like... wow. Worlds tallest (Isn't this sounding like an indoor Cedar Point?) indoor shot ride at 120 something feet high. Riding at night is insane because its indoors-- you cant see a thing.. then you reach the top and it plays a strobe light sequence, then freeeefaaallll, then lauch again and repeat, except the strobe lights only show once. The rest of the ride at night is in almost total darkess. I could go on and on about how great these rides are but you guys have to see the park for yourself. Its awe inspiring.

Plus, Mindbeder is Schwarzkopf

You pull Six G's on that baby

I thought that it only pulled 6 Gs when it ran the full length trains.

It pulls less Gs when the removed a car after the accident.

Still a very intense ride though from what I hear.

oh, yup. 5.2 now. Its still DANG intense though. Very, very scary ride. Second roller coaster I ever went on I've heard of people blacking out of the third loop its like Goliath's helix but upside down