TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Sushi?

Mr.Six

I love sushi! My favorite rolls are the Shrimp Tempura roll and the California roll. The only non-roll sushi that I don't care for is octopus because it is just a little too chewey for me.

My favorite places:

Nikimotos in Atlanta

Seasons in Savannah

Sushi Zen in Savannah

david

My favorite Sushi is any dipped in soy sauce with enough wasabi in it to double as mace. I love that rush of blood to your face you get when you start wincing from a massive wasabi overload. Mmmmmm.

Maybe I'm just a wasabi addict.

My favorite sushis are tuna and salmon. Boring perhaps, but I love 'em.

• 16 years later...

Just got home after having a wonderful sushi lunch today! And not just "any sushi."

This was The Britannia Sushi Tower, which piles sashimi, rice, avocado etc. all together in one big serving. Delish.

Sushi01.JPG.777a62ea6c1d347ca0070e0e37f0930c.JPG

Ready for It.

Sushi02.JPG.d3ac46b3a77a9017e6afb73fcd488f9d.JPG

So much to dig into! Lettuce around the base, made of sticky ride and avocado.

Sashimi and crab meat piled on top, with yam flakes over that. Mmmm.

Sushi03.JPG.d5f0c644b6e3e3ae58c49ebee631d51b.JPG

I "Toppled the Tower," to see every morsel more closely. (o:

Sushi04.JPG.0bcc72e45c87ffea36b56b7b7ce3cc71.JPG

Finished! Arigato, Britannia Sushi. Be back again, real soon. 😋

• 4 months later...

Wow - been a while since posting here. But - I did go to my sushi place (Britannia Sushi) on Monday, and ordered two of their "Chef's Special Rolls".

And thoroughly enjoyed them! With tip, the total was around $30, Cdn. That's what? ...... $11.49 American? 😋

Nov06-23.JPG.e0bdc3295a416f07a6a39ec5aef4a30c.JPG

Top: David Roll - Prawn Tempura, Spicy Tuna, Cucumber topped w/Assorted Sashimi.

Below it: Crazy Roll - Deep Fried California Roll. It doesn't 'look' deep fried in the pic ...but it was! 🍣

• 2 months later...

Making sushi at home can be a fun and rewarding culinary experience. Here's a basic guide to help you make sushi rolls (maki) at home. We'll focus on making a classic sushi roll with a filling of vegetables and/or fish. You'll need some basic sushi-making tools, including a bamboo sushi rolling mat (makisu), a sharp knife, and ingredients like sushi rice, nori (seaweed sheets), rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and your choice of fillings.

Ingredients:

Sushi Rice:

2 cups sushi rice

2 1/2 cups water

1/2 cup rice vinegar

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon salt

Fillings:

Thinly sliced vegetables (cucumber, avocado, carrot)

Cooked and seasoned seafood (shrimp, crab, or smoked salmon)

Nori (Seaweed Sheets)

Instructions:

Preparing Sushi Rice:

Rinse the Rice:

Rinse the sushi rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps remove excess starch.

Cook the Rice:

Cook the rinsed rice with water in a rice cooker or on the stovetop according to the package instructions.

Prepare Seasoned Rice Vinegar:

In a small bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Heat the mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds to dissolve the sugar and salt.

Season the Rice:

Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a large bowl. Gently fold in the seasoned rice vinegar while the rice is still warm. Allow the rice to cool to room temperature.

Assembling the Sushi Roll:

Prepare Your Workstation:

Place a bamboo sushi rolling mat on a clean surface and cover it with plastic wrap. This prevents the rice from sticking to the mat.

Place Nori on the Mat:

Lay a sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the bamboo mat.

Wet Your Hands:

Wet your hands to prevent the rice from sticking. Take a handful of sushi rice (about 3/4 to 1 cup) and spread it evenly over the nori, leaving a small border along the top edge.

Add Fillings:

Arrange your chosen fillings along the center of the rice.

Rolling the Sushi:

Using the bamboo mat, start rolling the nori and rice over the fillings. Apply gentle pressure and shape the roll.

Sealing the Roll:

Moisten the top edge of the nori with a bit of water to seal the roll.

Slice the Roll:

Using a sharp, wet knife, slice the roll into bite-sized pieces.

Repeat:

Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.

Serving:

Arrange the sushi pieces on a plate, serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger, and wasabi. Enjoy your homemade sushi!

Feel free to experiment with different fillings and get creative with your sushi rolls. It may take a bit of practice to perfect your rolling technique, but the more you make sushi, the more skilled you'll become. For more information visit Complete Medicines

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...