X in Your Opinion

map2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure it has always been rough, but from what I remember, there were certain parts that were rougher than others. The half half and the last raven turn were really painful to me, but the rest was just like a regular arrow ride. I still enjoyed it though. Too bad there aren't more around.

^ LOL! That picture is awesome!

I honestly don't really mind X. Its pretty much a hit or miss with me. The only reason why I don't really ride it too much is because its off far away in its own section of the park. So unless I'm at the park with non TPRers and they insist on riding it, then I usually don't hit it. A good tip is to have the restraints just right, too much is painful, but too loose is even worse.

_six

• 2 weeks later...

I rode it in 2002 (after waiting for numerous breakdowns and the "addition of a second train to minimize the waiting time" approx 2.5 hours on a hundred degree day) and thought it was fun.

I rode it twice on Tatsu Media Day last year, and while my first ride was okay- but bouncy, the second ride boxed my ears and head pretty good.

In my opinion it was pretty damn smooth when it first opened. I don't think it got like brutally rough until right before the accident on it (I believe that was May of 2002).

So basically it was good for like 5 months!

I rode X back in May 2005.

The best part of X: The first drop where you go down head first

The worst part: Everything else!

X was mighty rough. I heard the outside is a lot worse. Good thing I rode on the inside. Some kid next to me in line asked if he could ride on the outside. I guess he was a glutton for punishment!

It was good when it opened. Then got so rough I swore it off, until TPR dragged me on in summer 2005 (someone hadn't been on it yet, it might have been Guy). I had a great ride on it that day, even Robb was amazed by the smoothness, outside seat and all.

Unfortunately, that was the last good ride I've had on it. I don't like whiplash personally.

Just got back from SFMM, visited last week. Didn't find X too rough that it was unbearable... rode it two times. Once on the outside and then once on the inside. But I did however find that it seemed a tad bit more turbulent when riding on the outside seat. My friend agreed as we switched places each ride. I much preferred Tatsu... X had a bit too much not knowing which way is up and "what the hey direction am I headed now?!?" Though I definitely wouldn't swear off riding it again. Each ride has it's own merits and experience.

• 4 weeks later...

^They're pretty comfortable... They adjust to your shoulder height and body width (front-to-back), so there's really no way to be poorly strapped in unless you purposely do it wrong. There's padding on them, but not very much soft stuff... After 4 rides in a row at West Coast Bash, my shoulders were a bit sore.

Overall, the seats are very comfortable and are probably my favorite seats/restraints on any coaster.

X is definitely rough, but not unbearable. Viper is much more rough the majority of the time, and if you can handle most Arrow coasters you should have no problem with X. For the smoothest ride, ride in one of the first few rows on an inside seat... The outside seats are drastically more rough. Personally, I've also had better experiences with the left side of the train (the side that boards on the side facing the outside of the park). The right side doesn't vibrate quite as much, but it has more sudden jerks that can really hurt than the left side does on average.

Still, X is my #1 coaster and aside from its roughness is just incredible to me.