TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Thread! [DS]

Homer

What is Pokemon?

Back in 1998, Nintendo distributed kiddie crack to schoolkids aged 3-12 called Pokemon Red and Blue. The games then spawned off into a plethora of merchandising and quickly became one of the biggest franchises Nintendo has. The concept of Pokemon is "Gotta Catch Em All!" as in collecting all 150 monsters (now like what, 500?) by trading with your friends.

The games manage to become Nintendo's biggest seller on their handheld systems. And there is a reason why, this RPG series is pretty deep in things you can do in a game, kind of like Animal Crossing, but with action instead of a damn animal going "Collect the lilly pads!"

And this Sunday (in America), Diamond and Pearl will be released and probably end up becoming the best in the series. Why do you ask? One thing this franchise was fit for since day one... ONLINE BATTLING AND TRADING! No more "lets meet up at this place to trade our pokeymans with our cable!"

So in this thread, discuss Diamond and Pearl, post your reviews and post your friend codes. And remember, ALL friend codes will work, no matter what verison you have.

Guideline for Friend Codes

TPR Username:

Version Owned:

Friend Code:

Friend Codes for Pokemon Diamond

Homer (3093 3549 7667)

Friend Codes for Pokemon Pearl

And if your one of those "Pokeman games r 4 kiddehz..." people, give D&P a chance, the main games in the series are really well-done RPGs (Role-Playing Games) kinda like Animal Crossing, but with ACTION!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I called this one back in '98!

Too bad I don't have a DS, but you have inspired me to dust of my Gameboy Color and Pokemon Blue Version. I haven't played a video game for about a year now and I haven't played Pokemon since I was probably eight.

Man, I got lost with Pokemon about the time I got lost with Power Rangers.

I got lost when they started adding a bunch of stuff and making it too complicated.

I only made it up through Silver, then it sorta died on me, except for those rare ocassions where I pull out my old N64 and play Pokemon Stadium .

Too bad "Pokey Men," as my friends who couldn't get the name right pronounced it, got ran into the ground...Was a great concept, and seriously got overdone. I mean, we have more Pokemon games for the handhelds than we do Mario. I probably would have gotten it if it didn't get ran into the ground, yet I'll admit: I'll find myself every so often playing Pokemon Red or Crystal (Which I got free).

I'll admit it, I'm still a big fan of Pokemon. I just bought the newest movie today. I still hope that I'll get to see Ash become a Pokemon Master. I bought Pokemon Ranger for the DS and it was a huge disappointment for me. I just could not get into it at all.

I'll totally buying Pokemon D/P, I'm just not sure which one I want yet. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold, so I'm excited, not gonna lie. I plan to play it the same way I played my Red version, as a newbie and without a cheat guide.

I can't wait for Sunday to roll around!

Pokemon is short hand for Pocket Monsters. It's a video game series created by Game Freak and owned by Nintendo. The Wikipedia article can go into much more detail than I can as I stopped playing the series long ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

Thanks! Now I know! Thanks for the link too! That had more than enough information for me!

~Matthew

Well, I broke down and ordered Diamond off of Gamestop's website. They shipped it out yesterday as it appears every store known to man is breaking the street date. Anyone lucky enough to find a store that has already put them out on shelves? I know of a few people on other message boards that found copies at Target and Walmart already.

I canNOT wait until tomorrow! I'm going to get mine once I awake. I'm not so anxious to get up early though. Plus I have an take-home final to do. But once its done or before, I will be wasting hours of my life with my little pokemon! LOVES IT!

^Got you added. Not sure when I'll be able to actually use wifi, since my DS won't connect now.

I'll either get no signal from my router, or I'll get signal but it can't connect to Nintendo WFC...only been able to successfully connect in the game once, occasionally it'll connect successfully in the wifi settings page but never in game anymore.

Edit: Now it seems to be working.