TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Great Adventure 4/2/07, Opening Day!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went today from 5-7 just to get two rides in on El Toro. Operations are dramatically quicker this year. With only one train operation, dispatches were equal to last year with two trains.

They moved the seating area for La Cocina so that the queue for El Toro would not run through the tables of people eating.

Chiller:Robin was test launching through the spike and back when I left the park at 7:20PM.

When I arrived at the park I was dismayed at the mess at the parking toll booths, but they finally got more people out front for the slew of people arriving around 5PM.

I needed to get a coupon book (since I processed my pass in October) and the guy at processing give me the coupon book without even asking to see my pass.

Nathan's fans don't despair - the Nathan's restaurant remains and Ball Park Franks will be at other stands/restaurants.

A Cold Stone Creamery both appears ready to open soon.

I bought a steak quesadilla at La Cocina and it much better than I expected, although the 3 international workers from Thailand were struggling a little too understand the hungry locals.

Just wanted to add a couple of extra observations.

Nice Photo TR! If the pics were uploaded using the "Attach Photo" tool instead of linked to the images it might have even made it on the front page!

--Robb

Thanks, but my laptop just doesn't like to use the attatchments (Meaning it wont work for me).

^It's still the begging of the season. And the Thai are back!

-Dainan " " Rafferty

I went today from 5-7 just to get two rides in on El Toro. Operations are dramatically quicker this year. With only one train operation, dispatches were equal to last year with two trains.

That's a good sign, now let's hope it continues when they add the second train. .

One train operation on their newest, best coaster? Stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow very cool TR. I haven't had the chance to get back to Six Flags Great Adventure yet. It will be nice when they finally get the batman side of the chiller running again. Nice video of getting stuck on skull mountain too.

Also CycloneMan what happened in the chiller accident last June?