TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My View On Seasonal Parks

Okay lets get somethings out of the way first. I don't look down on these parks and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or posted this in the wrong forum.

Okay I've only visited parks in Florida (WDW, SW, BG, US) and I've been to Disneyland once when I was little but didn't really ride anything. Before coming to this site I never really new about parks outside of Orlando.

Looking at all these parks that have off seasons I just can't cope with it. I know it's because of the weather but I'm from Miami what can ya expect. But just looking at the photos they look so depressing. And what's even more depressing is those wooden coasters that look so derelict. It kinda puts me off for what I've heard to be great parks like Coney Island or the many parks in Europe.

Sorry if it seems disorganised, it's sort of a stream of conciousness. I hope you see what I'm getting at.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're judging parks you've never been to by photos? That's pretty silly. There are a lot of parks that don't look like much, but turn out to be a lot of fun. Indiana Beach is a great example of such a park.

Adventure Island... nothing scary or intense, just a laugh with some friends

Yeah Uncle Bernie's kicks a$$. Oh, wait.... that's in Ft. lauderdale . I forgot you're from Miami where they don't have coasters . I now understand you're point!

We have the 3 at the Miami-Dade County Fair /\/\/\/\ Look at the calandar.

As I said earlier I don't look down on these parks. It's just they don't fit the mood I've grown to know. I told you I'm from Miami.

Then you may have noticed that the temperature in Florida rarely drops below 48 degrees. When it gets colder the grease in the ball bearings becomes thicker and because of that the trains don't make it back to the station. And since the park has to close all of their coasters it doesn't make much sense to keep the rest of the park open.

I can't tell you exactly at what temperature a ride should close because some rides are more sensitive than others. It all depends on the size and type of the coaster. I only know EGF won't open below 48 degrees Fahrenheit while Black Mamba at Phantasialand can still run at 23 degrees Fahrenheit.

Looking at all these parks that have off seasons I just can't cope with it. I know it's because of the weather...

As I said earlier I don't look down on these parks. It's just they don't fit the mood I've grown to know. I told you I'm from Miami.

Then you may have noticed that the temperature in Florida rarely drops below 48 degrees. When it gets colder the grease in the ball bearings becomes thicker and because of that the trains don't make it back to the station.

So I may sound a bit crazy, but I wish our parks did have seasons and close down.

When I lived in Texas, there was something so magickal and exciting about the opening day of a theme park. It was exciting, you were counting down the days until you go again and there was nothing better that spring break when SFOT would be open.

I mean don't give me wrong, I love the fact I can go to a theme park in January but I wouldn't miss not being able to go. I would love to get that excitement back I once had.

I'm also from Miami and you really can't judge parks from pictures,go to Busch Gardens in Virginia,that's like one of my favorite parks,or Cedar Point in Ohio,sure it doesn't have IOA or Disney theming but it's location next to Lake Erie is beautiful and what other park has 17 coasters.I would trade IOA for CP anyday. Even Six Flags parks like SFOG you can have a fun day with their coasters.Another thing is, how many of these parks and cities have waterparks,us in Miami are water park deprived.When I went to King's Island in Cincinnati they have a waterpark in King's Island and another one (The Beach) like 2 miles away!!You need to hit some out of state parks and judge for yourself!!

You realize more than half of American parks are Seasonal don't you? And just because you looks at pictures of parks during rain storms dosen't mean it has a "depressed" atmosphere.

I'm also from Miami and you really can't judge parks from pictures,go to Busch Gardens in Virginia,that's like one of my favorite parks,or Cedar Point in Ohio,sure it doesn't have IOA or Disney theming but it's location next to Lake Erie is beautiful and what other park has 17 coasters.I would trade IOA for CP anyday. Even Six Flags parks like SFOG you can have a fun day with their coasters.Another thing is, how many of these parks and cities have waterparks,us in Miami are water park deprived.When I went to King's Island in Cincinnati they have a waterpark in King's Island and another one (The Beach) like 2 miles away!!You need to hit some out of state parks and judge for yourself!!

I agree with that. There dosen't seem to be that many year long water parks as there are seasonal ones. I live close to 6 waterparks here in Ohio.

When I lived in Texas, there was something so magickal and exciting about the opening day of a theme park. It was exciting, you were counting down the days until you go again and there was nothing better that spring break when SFOT would be open.

I agree, back when my home park Libertyland was open, the opening weekend would be a great break from the off-season and a preview of the big trips that would come in the summer.

It's something to look forward to.

Yeah Uncle Bernie's kicks a$$. Oh, wait.... that's in Ft. lauderdale . I forgot you're from Miami where they don't have coasters . I now understand you're point!

We have the 3 at the Miami-Dade County Fair /\/\/\/\ Look at the calandar.

Oh my bad, didn't realize you <3 wacky worms so much. I'd rather sit through an off season waiting for El Toro to open than ride one of those three coasters at the fair.

Oh and "calandar" is spelled Calendar look up there ^^^