TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

^^ Even crazier is the fact that the fans are getting very distraught when they win. When they played the Coyotes the other night, the fans were actually booing when the Sabres scored so I can't imagine what it must have been like the other night when they won two in a row and beat the Maple Leafs and narrowed the gap even more. People here are saying the Buffalo teams suck so bad that they can't even lose the right way!

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now this April. Kings defensive woes at the beginning of the season could not be overcome. Good thing next year is an even number year, so I'm sure the Kings will be back to win it again!

^I was surprised to read that the Kings will miss the playoffs in the paper this morning. I hadn't been following hockey that much this season for obvious reasons.

Well, the Sabres tanked just enough to either land Eichel or McDavid. Fingers crossed for McDavid, but I won't sneeze over landing Eichel either. I'm hoping for a worst to first for next year, although I am not going to get my hopes up too much as this team needs to come a long way before they are playoff ready.

The 2014-15 New York Rangers are officially the most successful regular season team in franchise history. Of course, if they don't bring Lord Stanley back to Broadway, the regular season success doesn't mean anything.

And, for obvious reasons, when the Kings were eliminated from contention, I grinned from ear to ear.

^I was surprised to read that the Kings will miss the playoffs in the paper this morning. I hadn't been following hockey that much this season for obvious reasons.

Well, the Sabres tanked just enough to either land Eichel or McDavid. Fingers crossed for McDavid, but I won't sneeze over landing Eichel either. I'm hoping for a worst to first for next year, although I am not going to get my hopes up too much as this team needs to come a long way before they are playoff ready.

Hey, the Kings still have a 2% chance of nabbing the top pick!

I honestly think the year away from the playoffs will be the best thing to happen to the Kings. They had played 64 playoff games over the last 3 years. I'd almost prefer they rest rather than most likely lose in the first or second round. Being down a top 6 forward AND top two defender (Pearson and Voynov) would be tough to overcome. They'll be back next year to continue their streak of winning the cup in even years!

... when the Kings were eliminated from contention, I grinned from ear to ear.

Same here. I'm glad we play Crybaby and his merry gang in the first round. I also hope that the Caps tank vs the Isles so the Rangers can mop up what's left of the fishermen. As for the other side of the East, I want to see TB make it, only so that will give me some outside chance at going to one of the games.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I saw it. Besides Habs-Sens, these playoffs have been fantastic thus far. And the first round isn't even over! I need my boys to come up big tonight. Coming back to MSG Friday night up 3-1 and a chance to close out the pens would be greatly preferable to a 2-2 deadlock.

It's very clever I have to admit, but it won't matter when all is said and done and the caps are moving on to the next round.

• 2 weeks later...

Ovechkin is trying to guarantee a Game 7 win on New York ice and that's ridiculous. The Rangers are coming out on to their home ice with momentum, while the Capitals are coming out defensive on the road. It's going to be a hell of a game, just hoping the Rangers can pull off a win.

Nothing is ridiculous if you believe in yourself and your team. If Ovechkin wants the win that bad he'll come out playing hard and his team will be right there with him. Its a game 7, momentum and home ice can all be thrown out the door, whoever wants it more will win and we will see who that is tonight. With that said, best of luck to both teams tonight, it will be a great game.