TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

^ Senators looked great last night, even better after that BS call on what looked to me a perfectly legal hit.

The 2 game suspension was extremely harsh for the hit. Even friends of mine that are loyal Habs fans agreed the call was BS and the punishment was completely uncalled for.

I only caught the end of the second and all of the third period of last night's game, but it seems that was all I really needed to watch. The massive fights and penalties were insane, the shot of the Habs bench with only 5 players sitting there had me cracking up.

More outdoor games are official!

Jan 25th-Kings v Ducks @ Dodger Stadium

March 1st-Hawks v. Penguins @ Soldier Field

I saw this earlier and I hate this...i wish it were rather 1 or 2 big outdoor games. It wont seem special watching like 5 outdoor games.

^I disagree. So long as the cities an venues keep changing up, I think it will be just as special. There's not a hockey fan in Southern California who will not want to be at this game. Plus the novelty of possibly playing hockey in "perfect" So Cal weather will surely draw TV ratings as well.

^ Totally agreed Joey.

If it was every week or something then I'd agree, but the way they have spread it out and "where" they are playing these games (Yankee Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Soldier Field) means they will be special.

Too bad they aren't doing a game in Candlestick since that stadium is going bye bye.

Oh i totally agree that the Ducks vs Kings game will be awesome! But i feel there should be 1 Winter Classic(USA) and 1 Heritage Classic(CA)

Being a hockey player I think its just dumb to have more than 2 games. But thats just my opinion

On the other hand i will still probably watch the games which is what the NHL wants

Great win for the Kings last night. Actually scored some goals and Kopitar finally got one in the net after 20 games. He'd been playing good Hockey but it's nice to see him get one in. We'll need him if we are going to go far in the playoffs.

What happened to the Ducks? I missed the end of the game.

Went to bed with 40 seconds left in the Montreal-Ottawa game last night thinking it was done.

Very pleasant surprise waking up this morning and checking the score to see the Sens tied it up with 20 seconds left and then took it in overtime. Let's finish this off on Thursday in Montreal!

^ It was a great finish to the game. In fact all the games were great last night with the exception of Blackhawks/Wild.

Vancouver got Swept and even if they'd won that game it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome but I always love seeing the Sedin brothers crying. Funny that Canuck fans seem to think the questionable penalty in OT (which it was) was the only thing that cost them the game/series. I thought people from Canada were supposed to know about Hockey?

Meh...rarely funny and mostly obnoxious. The fake Chinese accent got annoying quick. That bit would be funnier if he acted just as a normal reporter.