TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Gerstlauer Spinner- Update

The ride looks like a bomb to me. That many lifts look horrible. I'm not a fan of exiting a lift, just to go around a turn before going back up another..

Dragons Fury has 3 lifts and it's a pretty damn good ride Different type of spinner I know, but the last two lifts on it don't take long at all. You just zip right along them.

So even though this has multiple lifts you might barely notice them. I think it has promise of being a decent ride though.

Not that it's actually going to draw me to Edmonton anymore then before though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride looks like a bomb to me. That many lifts look horrible. I'm not a fan of exiting a lift, just to go around a turn before going back up another..

Dragons Fury has 3 lifts and it's a pretty damn good ride Different type of spinner I know, but the last two lifts on it don't take long at all. You just zip right along them.

So even though this has multiple lifts you might barely notice them. I think it has promise of being a decent ride though.

Not that it's actually going to draw me to Edmonton anymore then before though.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

If you watch the video, it almost launches the train up them, the lifts are very fast, and they are probably completely unnoticeable. Although, the first lift is a chain, I doubt it will stay that way, it would get too loud inside the mall.

Sorry, only two lifts on Dragons Fury. Not sure where I thought the third one was.

I tossed a quick POV up.

DF POV

You can see the lifts are pretty quick. I'm sure the Gurtlaur spinning will be similiar to the Maurer.

Regardless they're not going to be long lift hills like on a full train coaster. It won't be a top coaster, but it will be a fun family coaster most likely.

Who cares if it doesn't take long at all. it's basicly a long flat track, then ONE turn, and more flat track. What gives? If you watch the POV of DF, you'll notice that the ride actually does stuff after lift #2. It doesn't do a single turn, then quit out again for another lift.

Now, I think the ride will do some usefull things. For instance, when a ride is announced that is crap, and has a layout that does nothing, people can exclaim, "Oh boy! That park pulled a Galaxyland!". Or if the ride is halfway decent, people could do some copeing by saying: "It could be like the spinner, at that mall, in Canada".

Who cares if it doesn't take long at all. it's basicly a long flat track, then ONE turn, and more flat track. What gives? If you watch the POV of DF, you'll notice that the ride actually does stuff after lift #2. It doesn't do a single turn, then quit out again for another lift.

Now, I think the ride will do some usefull things. For instance, when a ride is announced that is crap, and has a layout that does nothing, people can exclaim, "Oh boy! That park pulled a Galaxyland!". Or if the ride is halfway decent, people could do some copeing by saying: "It could be like the spinner, at that mall, in Canada".

Can you just leave? I know you only came in here to bash me from the Queue at CS for being excited over something you still, know nothing about. Get lost.

Can you just leave? I know you only came in here to bash me from the Queue at CS for being excited over something you still, know nothing about. Get lost.

Oh please, you're taking too much credit for my coming to TPR. I'm here to bash Galaxyland and it's spinner. I hang out at the Coastersims Queue a lot, and when you come in and boast your new spinner, I'm going to tell you I think it looks like crap to me. Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut about this coaster, if you don't want mixed opinions.

BTW: It looks like I shouldn't post here, because you releized your more knowledgable about the coaster than me. You don't work for Galaxyland, so living across the Canadian border must give you access to information that isn't available to the "outsiders".

Edit: speeling

UPDATE! Ride layout in the park pictured in images! Scroll down to see! Ride layout modified from video, extreme twisting areas inside the Mindbender Rollercoaster! This ride mixes with nearly every other ride in the mall!

The ride has always had those three turns, they weren't modified from the video. If you consider, putting a shaded area labeled, "Mindbender", modified, then your right, but we knew that stuff was going to be there.

See this as the futue of Gerstlauer Spinners. It actually has tri-track of what i can see, wich is very not-normal for a spinner, it has a downwards brakerun, and mutiple lift hills. This can be a great example for other future Gerstlauer spinners.

I think this ride - even though it may look a bit tame - is intresting.

UPDATE! Ride layout in the park pictured in images! Scroll down to see! Ride layout modified from video, extreme twisting areas inside the Mindbender Rollercoaster! This ride mixes with nearly every other ride in the mall!

The ride has always had those three turns, they weren't modified from the video. If you consider, putting a shaded area labeled, "Mindbender", modified, then your right, but we knew that stuff was going to be there.

I meant that the layout as a whole is modified from the video, not the section in Mindbender.

I meant that the layout as a whole is modified from the video, not the section in Mindbender.

Looks like the same layout to me...

• 4 weeks later...

^ Could you please resize the photo as it doesn't even fit on my screen? thanks

This should be a fun coaster, and it looks a lot better than I previously thought. I love these spinning coaster designs, and it is nice to see all these great custom layouts instead of a wild mouse with spinning cars. I really want to see this when finished to see how it goes around the other rides in the park.

^ Could you please resize the photo as it doesn't even fit on my screen? thanks

This should be a fun coaster, and it looks a lot better than I previously thought. I love these spinning coaster designs, and it is nice to see all these great custom layouts instead of a wild mouse with spinning cars. I really want to see this when finished to see how it goes around the other rides in the park.

Fixed it, I just put the link there, I'm going to Imageshack to make it a thumbnail.

By the way, has anyone here noticed that the lifts are the only blocks the ride has? It has no brakes apart from the final set... so technically the ride isn't slowed down by anything. There might be other reason for them being slanted too, it might have something to do with how the ride performs, a new brakes design from Gerstlauer or something.

• 2 weeks later...
Mystery Mine and Big One (and surelymore of them) aready possess such a device, so it's not Edmonton, nor Gerstlauer unique I'm afraid...

I never said it was, unique just means different... That's a quote from the official Gerstlauer blog...

This looks like it offers a fun, long ride. Perfect for the park...I wonder where they got the idea from (cough..MOA...cough)

My only critism is towards the end theres to many lift hills and the tracks a bit choppy, but it still looks fun

EDIT: Apparently MOA is owned by the same company, you DO learn something new everyday

(I wish Metroland could get something like this but theres no room, at least its been saved from the chopping block )