TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PhotoTR: Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park -- Near Honolulu, HI

We decided to hit this waterpark up during our Christmas vacation to Hawaii.

Overall, it was a very nice park. The employees, for the most part, were kind and safety-oriented. The slides were enjoyable, and the water temerature was kept at an enjoyable level. (Except for the lazy river, which was freezing!) Beautiful landscaping provided sufficient shad throughout the park, though climbing steep inclines without stairs KILLED your feet.

The only downfall to the park was the attraction operating schedule. Several of the attractions were alternated in hour-long rotations (ie: Half-pipe slide open for one hour, body slides closed for one hour; half-pipe slide closed for one hour, body slides open for one hour). The half-pipe, body, double tube, and triple tube slides were operated on this type of schedule. The lazy river didn't open until about half-way thorugh the day. At one point, the wave pool was closed to all guests except those who had signed up (and paid extra) for bodyboarding. The food was a good deal and delicious.

Overall, the park was fun, clean, and safe.

These types of slides are always pretty fun... especially with the daddy lifeguard at the top.

They integrated this one really well into the landscape. Too bad it killed your back and drowned you.

The middle right slide actually tipped us on that last turn... crazy, painful, yet fun. I smacked my head right on the fiberglass of the slide. It had a crapload of tight turns and directional changes...

These slides were CRAZY except for the puny one on the far right... boo hiss...

These used three-person innertubes, and had some fun layouts. The one on the right had a great last drop.

Three-person slides.

It's better to watch...

Nice wave pool with some good-sized waves and long wave cycles.

Boring drop slides.

Slow body slides... fairly boring and unremarkable.

Best slide in the park! Crazy fun, and there was a hot daddy lifeguard operating it.

--Random Hawaii Pictures--

Beautiful view from our hotel...

Bishop Museum... nice museum; FREE with my local museum's membership (which is free for me, as I'm an employee there). Score!

Crowded beach action. This beach is actually falling into the ocean, and every few months, equipment is brought in to scoop the sand back up.

We found a better beach with few people... though the tide was very high and the waves killed!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely pic's of the Water Park and the beach area.

Very strange how the rides were closed and rotated for being open.

You bought back memories of my trip to Hawaii in 1986. Wikki beach is the best, have to be carfeul of the sea's pullback and with sand going everywhere.

What do you mean by "hot daddy lifeguard", was the guy that nice or was it another blow up "Santa" in your 1st pic