TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Price is Right

darklingscribe

What shirt to Wear to the Price is Right?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What shirt to Wear to the Price is Right?

• Balder T-Shirt
    • UK Trip T-shirt

I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried to become an audience member of the Price is Right. I do know they mail out more tickets than they have seats so the audience will always be full and they interview everyone before hand to choose who will become a member of the audience.

Among the many things they decide on who to pick for an audience member is if they like your shirt or not (Bob Barker, particularly like animal rights t-shirts). So I was wondering what shirt should I wear? It is between the Balder shirt I bought in Sweden on the UK trip, or the UK trip shirt itself.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to one of these tapings in 2001, and my best guess is that they wouldn't let you in wearing the Balder shirt. They won't let you in if you are wearing any sort of advertising (Coke t-shirts, Nike t-shirts, anything of the kind including work uniforms aside from military). Wouldn't be a stretch to think that a Balder shirt would be an advertisement for Liseberg. On the other hand, I can't imagine that they'd have a problem with a TPR UK shirt.

My mom and I are going on April 19th, and already have our pro-spay/neuter shirts done! hahaha And like Wally said, plan on a really long day. We arrived at 5:00am when we went in 2001, and people who were arriving at 5:30am didn't make it into the taping because it was already full. The taping was awesome though! You'll have a blast!

-Julie

We went to the 30th anniversary taping, which was around 1:00pm I thought. Some days when they only have one taping, I think it's mid-afternoon. Having only been to the one taping, I'm not sure how it works on the two-taping days, but I'd bet people who don't get into the earlier taping are given first dibs at the second taping. So it would probably be best to arrive before dawn even for the late taping.

When we all arrived, we waited for about an hour along the street, then at 6:00am, they opened the gates to the studio and we waited in a covered area for a while. Later they came and numbered us all, had us fill out some info cards, and let us take a break for an hour or so. After we came back, we again waited and waited, then we each had to do a 10 second interview about why we wanted to be a contestant on the show. Then we had to wait some more. Finally we got into the studio (which is TINY compared to what you'd think it would look like) where we were seated according to the order in which we arrived. The taping only took about an hour and a half for the hour long show, which was surprising since I thought it would take much longer to reset all the prizes and stuff.

During the commercial breaks when they were resetting the games and prizes, Bob Barker would talk to the audience, so I got to speak with him for a few moments. They also coached us extensively on how we had to act excited about every product they show, not just the big ones. Like, we had to go nuts over arthritis cream and Pledge wipes! hahaha Then once the show was done, you were dumped back out into the parking lot and told to have a nice day. All told, it took around 10 hours or so. It was a LONG and TIRING 10 hours, but it was SO awesome that it was a "must do" for our trip to LA in April!

So yeah...my best advice would be to still arrive at 5:00am or before if you want to get in. I don't know how they handle numbering people for the second show, but I can't imagine that they'd just tell everyone to leave, because a lot of people would stay and wait anyway. I know that if I was there at 5:00am and just missed getting into the early taping, I'd definitely want to get a number for the later taping!

Good luck! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me and I can try to answer them!

-Julie

I'm going to Price on Wednesday and Thursday. I get into LAX on Tuesday night around 11, and plan to go straight to CBS Television City.

I've been following things recently, and the lines have been insane. Reports are that those arriving after 4 AM have been turned away. With spring breaks starting, expect that cutoff time to get earlier and earlier.

Paul