TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What about wusses?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do what my friend did: get your a$$ on the Rattlesnake at Chessington, then get on the Vampire.

easiest rollercoasters to do

The vampire looks good. Chessington is too far for me right now, and probably pricy, heh.

I cant really afford dedicated theme park trips aside Florida once every few years, and going to Blackpool once in a blue moon, hehe.

Alton Towers' runaway mine train was rubbish but felt dangerous.

do what my friend did: get your a$$ on the Rattlesnake at Chessington, then get on the Vampire.

The vampire looks good. Chessington is too far for me right now, and probably pricy, heh.

I cant really afford dedicated theme park trips aside Florida once every few years, and going to Blackpool once in a blue moon, hehe.

hhe, i loved that. if you do go, plonk yourself on Rita (may seem like a massive jump, but both my parents who hate roller coasters done it easily.) also, get yourself on Air

hhe, i loved that. if you do go, plonk yourself on Rita (may seem like a massive jump, but both my parents who hate roller coasters done it easily.) also, get yourself on Air

Alton Towers is expensive and a bit run down in parts, and *REALLY* congested with chavs. But yeah if I have another visit sometime, I might be brave

Am I the only one here who gets some joy out of seeing when someone who hates/is affraid of coasters is dragged on by their friends and then freaks out while the ride is going. I always smile when someone has second thoughts, especially on the lift hill when they realize the size and scope of the ride is too much. "Get me off! Let me off!! Wahhhhhh!!!" Yeah, good stuff.

Anyway, I'm evil I guess.

Well, I felt the same way about roller coasters until last year. I only liked smaller coasters with no drops, but liked the speed and turns on those. I couldn't bring myself to get on most bigger coasters, and when I did, I hated the drops.

Last year, my friend took me to Six Flags Magic Mountain. After losing my breath and stomach on Viper as my first ride, I was NOT convinced that I'd like roller coasters with big drops. Then, after a few rides, I began to get used to the stomach feeling to the point that I wouldn't feel it anymore. It's all a matter of progression, experience, and adjustment. Even coasters like Goliath don't get my stomach anymore.

If you want to start out easily with bigger drops, I'd suggest making your first huge drop a turning one, preferably on a B&M coaster like Nemesis. Earlier in my coaster days, I noticed that curving or twisting drops are much less intense on the stomach than straight ones...

It's all up to you, but those are my suggestions.

Well, probably any Disney coaster should be good for you.....except for MAYBE Space Mountain at DLP.

If you're looking for advice on coasters, here's my only advice.

People ride them all day long, nothing bad happens except for possibly throwing up.

If the ride isn't safe, why would they put it up?

That's worked on everything except for Supreme Scream....

Anyway, glad you don't like coasters, but still can have fun at theme parks!

And welcome to TPR!

-Mike

I find it very interesting to help somebody of his coaster fear. Helped a friend of mine too, as his first inversion coaster was Turbine in Walibi Belgium.

I think everybody here was nervous when he did his first coaster with an inversion (other people have never been afraid). First thing, don't feel any shame that you don't dare the bigger coasters! It is very normal, you need to take little steps and before you now, you are going in almost every coaster without fear. You must remember that the scariest part of a coaster is waiting in the line. (=> once you are in the coaster, you aren't nervous anymore).

With myself it wasn't different. When I was 17, I did my first inversion coaster. Before that, I always thought it would be too intense for me. The only coaster I was doing was BTM in Disneyland Paris (and casey junior too). Then, I think it was my 9th trip, I went for a view at the station of Rock n rollercoaster (was the second day). It looked so cool, the launch, the station, the theming, preshow,... but I didn't go on it. The last day of our trip was a very strange experience, I just said to myself, maybe I go on Rnrc this day. After the stuntshow we had not much time anymore (we needed to catch the train) I decided to que the line like the second day, but now I was a little bit more sure that I would go on it, with the thought, if I would be too nervous, I can go back. That didn't happend and before I knew it, I was sitting in the train with the restrains closed and on my way to the launch track, only one thing was going trough my mind. "I am going to do my first inversion coaster!". I had closed my eyes mostly of the ride but I thought it was so cool. Ok, the launch was a little intens and the G forces in the inversion too, but that was cause I never done such a ride before it. The strangest thing was that I wasn't really afraid, more nervous in the que. After my Rnrc experience my coaster experience was growing rapidly. Black Mamba, my trip to England in September 2006 (Drayton, Alton, Thorpe), Walibi World, ... Now I have a list of 58 coasters. Strangely, after Rnrc came the inversion coasters of Walibi and after that I wasn't really nervous anymore. A little on the drop of Oblivion and on the launchtrack of Stealth. So the next trip I am going to do is Germany I think (if I can go in August), Heide park and other smaller parks.

Hopefully, you have got some inspiration of my story, and you dare to do the bigger coasters next time, and let us know then how it was. But I am sure you would like it!

Overall though on the point of this thread...

If you are afraid of coasters and thrill rides, you're going to be kind of bored unless you go to someplace like Universal that has other types of rides that really arent' scray.

But you really should get over your fear. Coasters = fun!