TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Joel´s interview to join WDW International Program-ACCEPTED-

I just had this morning and afternoon interviews with Disney Recruitment team to join The Cultural Representative Program to work at Epcots Mexican Pavillion!!! We arrived at Mayab University auditorium at 8am and at 8:30 recruiters arrived. We were welcomed by them ( we where like 30 aplicants ) and by 8:45 their presentation began. It was soo cool. First they asked some questions to see how well we knew Disney Company. I answered when Julie ( main recruiter ) asked if we knew another country beside USA where it was a Disney Theme park and I said Japan ( Tokyo Disneyland ) and I won this:

A really fun magnet

Today I feel : Happy

The presentation lasted about an hour and a half and they showed us some videos that really maked me want to be there working rigth now.!!!! After all this they told us the time of our two interview ( one with an atraccions and merchandise maganer and one with a San Angel Inn manager ). Mine was suposed to be at 1:15 and 1:30, but interview took longer than we spected and started to get delayed. Finally about 2 pm I entered to my firt interview with Pedro from San Angel Inn. I wast nervous but the fact that he talked really really fast and with a mexican accent I think I just understand half of what he was saying me!!! LOL But, as some people adviced me, I was always smiling and making aye contact, so I think I didnt do bad. :teeth:

After that it was lunch time for the recruiters so we had to wait like another hour.

Then I got my last interview with David ( attraccions Manager ). I wasnt nervous at all and he was so funny and he kept the interview as a friendly conversation. He maked me very comfortable and I really think he got a good impression about myself. After this I was feeling really and now I have to wait like a month until they get in contact with me to make me a job offer So If everything goes well I think we migth be having another TPR member at World Show Case

Here are some other pics from the papers they gaved me:

And this is me. Tnks for reading. Feel fre to ask anything.

PS: Hope to meet you soon Soren!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woooooooooo Good luck Joel thats so exciting that job looks amazing. when i turn 18 I want to work at disney too so you can come visit me at the cali one and ill come see you at that one lol. I hope you make it!!!

you totaly are like a disney person already they should pick you.

your the best!!

always

allison

Since when did North America look like a profile of Mickey?

I was just down in Merida last August! small world!

Hope you get the position.

Did they come to somewhere in Mexico for the interview or did you have to go to Florida?

They came to Merida for the interviews, so I didnt have to travel to another city. Actually, this year, they have interviews in only two citys here in mexico: Merida and Puebla. So I was lucky to be from one of those citys

Best of luck to you.

Are you sure you want to become Soren jr.?

If you do you should only let TPR members take pictures with you if they have their kids with them.

rbpia

"Hey did you get the elusive mmousefan credit?"

"No I couldn't find someone to lend me their kid for a minute, its harder than Jr. Gemini!"

^Just remember, because I came up with the idea I am the only one to get a picture without kids.

Once again, best of luck to you. My brother has worked at WDW for about 4 years now. Best decision he's ever made.

rbpia

"68 hours until my plane leaves for Orlando! Not that I'm counting or anything."

• 4 weeks later...

I just received an email to inform me that they have a job offer for me!!!!

Im going to be a Cast Memeber on the Cultural Representative Program at Epcots Mexican Pavillion!!!!

OMG Im so happy rigth now!!!

I still dont know my arrival date, they are going to tell me this Tuesday when I call them!!!!

So another TPR member is going to be at Epcot next spring!!!

Hope to see you there soon!!!!

Joel "so excited!" Saury

Congrats Joel. I thought about you while I was at WDW a few weeks ago. I even took a few pics for you:

rbpia

"Give me a reason, any reason, to jump a plane to Orlando"

mexpav.jpg.8f7c923e1e47cbbb5063eeb0e418e032.jpg

Future home of the elusive Joel credit!

mmmmargarita.jpg.5bad8748ebdede6ec63e1b4dea423950.jpg

The perfect start to the drunk around the world is a Margarita. Notice the Year of a Million Dream ears!

adios.jpg.972d3747a7bf151aa8d05cff7b664c91.jpg

and finally goodbye, hope to see you in Orlando.

Well I just got the news. My job offer is for Food & Beverage starting June 12 2007 ending June 07 2008. I havent said yes, because Im kinda scared about me going to be serving food (cause it was my last option) but I think Ill say yes cause I cant let this oportunity pass. The two things Im most happy about is the fact that I will be abble to be at home for Holy Week 2007 and that the pay on food & beverage is better. But I think that I will really need to excercie my arms to hold those trays lol.

Keep in mind, if you're at the Mexico Pavilion the food and beverage services could be a lot worse!

One is a nice restaurant inside, air conditioned, with the ride going by every 20 seconds! The other is out in the heat but is pretty shaded and a smaller location.