TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come many Electric Spiral Shift Coasters have closed? If you don't know what I'm talking about here are some examples.

Lots of Schwarzkopf coasters are dissapearing lately, its just becouse they're old and are expensive to maintain, wich is probarly the main reason in this case to.

Other, more popular Schwarzkopf designs (Looping Star, Custom Loopers, Shuttle Loop,...) don't dissapear so easily, but these Jet Star coasters may not have been popular enough to keep them running with such high maintenance costs. Its a sad thing and all we can do is hope that Schwarzkopf's best coasters stay in operation as long as possible.

There used to be one at Worlds Of Fun in KC, MO called "The Zambeezee (sp?) Zinger". It was a lot of fun and it had no lap bar and it sat 2 ppl, one in front of the other. It went through a lot of trees and you would think you would run into branches, just to barely miss them/it.

They took that one out and put a "Boomerang" coaster.

To clear up on the Zambezi Zinger. My friend lives out in that area and was very sad to see it go. (It closed in '97) He told me it was actually Mamba that replaced part of the Zinger's footprint (opened in '98) as the Boomerang did not open until 2000. If they replaced a classic Schwarzkopf with a Vekoma Boomerang it's just further proof there is NO GOD!

Looking forward to riding my first "spiral lift" Schwarzy on the midwest trip.

If you think replacing a Schwarkopz for a Boomerang as bad, Gillian's in Ocean City got rid of their City Jet in 2004, got a Wacky Worm in 2005 and an L&T coaster in 2006 and now the Wacky Worm sit's in the City Jet's old spot.

I have only ridden the L&T coaster twice and while I think it's a fun ride for some reason I don't find it as great as everyone else does. I don't know if it's because I rode the City Jet before I started going on bigger coasters so the City Jet was somewhat of a thrill to me and the L&T isn't that thrilling after going on major coasters but I feel like I enjoyed the City Jet a lot more.