TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paramount -PCW 2007 Season Passes - No more hopping!

I am not sure if this was posted yet, but here are the details for Season Passes from PKI soon to be KI....or Cedar Fair KI....not quite sure!

EDIT: Whoops! They are not for sale on the website yet, but here are the details I found anyway.

2007 Season Passes On Sale Saturday, Aug. 26

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio— Mark your calendars, park fans! Saturday, Aug. 26 marks the first day that Paramount's Kings Island guests can purchase their 2007 season passes. The new passes are valid for the remainder of the 2006 season – including free Nick or Treat and FearFest – as well as all of the 2007 public operating season.

A 2007 adult season pass for Paramount's Kings Island costs $74.95 and is available for guests under 62 years old as well as those 48” and taller. A junior/senior pass (under 48” or ages 62+) is priced at $44.95, a savings of $20 from the 2006 lowest pass price. Children under 3 are free.

The brand-new Cedar Fair Maxx Pass provides access to all 12 Cedar Fair amusement parks across the country, including both Cedar Point and Geauga Lake located in Ohio. This pass is priced at $125 for both adults and children. The Maxx Pass can be used at Paramount's Kings Island immediately and is valid at all Cedar Fair amusement parks during the 2007 season.

All renewing 2006 season pass holders will receive FREE season-long parking, provided they purchase their passes and have photo IDs taken at the park by October 29. Renewing pass holders should bring their 2006 passes with them to the park when they have their photo IDs taken. For new pass holders, season-long parking is available for $34.95 per pass. Parking is valid at Paramount's Kings Island only.

Season passes are available online at www.pki.com, at the park, or by phone at 1-800-288-0808 beginning August 26.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this upsets some of you folks, but I don't think "paramount" will be dropped from the names.

As for whats going to happen with knotts, they're still working out the details for 2007 season passes, or so they said in thier reply to my email.

I contacted the park again today about their passes and they do not know any more information than before. I was told that if I purchased an admission ticket to save my receipt and it would be credited towards the price of a pass when they do decide to sell them. I think it may be possible that they will try and make the perks more equitable chain wide - but we'll see. Could they be waiting to do passes and kick off sales with a new attraction announcement? What do you think? I honestly do not know, but they have put something new in every year for the past 15 years (give or take) and there has been no announcement yet.

I don't think it has anything to do with an anouncement.

It really must just come down to confusion between the parks and what kind of passes are going to be offered.

Or possibly the simplest explenation is that they started getting bad feedback on the PCW only passes and decided to pull it back.

I'll just agree with Carnage's opinion that not many PCW passholders use the pass at other parks enough to justify allowing the few who do use it free entry at them. But it still annoys the hell out of me.

Honestly, that logic doesn't quite make sense to me. If few people are going to use it, they won't "lose money" at gates at their other parks. In fact, if it motiviates people to go to one of their other parks, they profit from in-park spending from people that might have otherwise not gone to another CF park.

Let's try out a scenario here. Say you get a PCW pass WITH park hopping abilities that doesn't cost extra. You find out that Cedar Fair operates a park in Southern California, where you're going on vacation. Would you not want to stop, since it's free anyways? You go to KBF, and, even though you get into the park for free, can make Cedar Fair a profit with your in-park spending. Parks makes a nice profit (not that we don't already know this) off of in-park spending. You buy overpriced food and souvenirs...which otherwise would not have been purchased because you wouldn't have gone.

It makes more sense for CF to give regular PCW passholders the option to park hop because it might motivate some people to travel to their parks. Not giving them the option means lost opportunities for other venues in their chain.

-Bryan "Cedar Fair is like a disappointing blockbuster movie that doesn't deliver" Wood

Sorry if this upsets some of you folks, but I don't think "paramount" will be dropped from the names.

Actually this is already happening at xCW. The radio ads are "Canada's Wonderland" and the ride ops say "Thank you for riding and enjoy you day at Canada's Wonderland. Prior to closing the Paramount name was used in both cases. Signage is probably on order and during the off-season, you will see that stuff change.

• 3 weeks later...

um well Carowinds has the Maxx pass without the gated water parks for $89.95 and gets into (sorry i just copied and pasted from Carowinds.com)Paramount's Kings Dominion (Richmond, VA) - Paramount's Kings Island (Cincinnati, OH) - Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH) - Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom (Aurora, OH) - Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (Allentown, PA) - Paramount Canada's Wonderland (Toronto, Canada) - Michigan's Adventure (Muskegon, MI), - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO) - Valleyfair! & White Water Country (Minneapolis, MN) - Bonfante Gardens (Gilroy, CA) - Paramount's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) - Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park/Orange County, CA)

and i hope Carowinds gets a new roller coaster for 07

• 2 weeks later...

Still not sure if I'm going to get the MAXX pass.

Chances are, the only time I'm going to travel to any parks other than PCW will be on the TPR Mid-West trip, in which case the only way I'd use the pass is if I go to PKI for an extra day on either end of the trip. And I'm definitely not going for the plus pass just to hit Soak City while at Cedar Point...that's such a HUGE jump in price.

Only way I really see myself getting the MAXX pass is if for some unforseen reason I can't do the Mid-West trip and get forced to explore Ohio on my own.