TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

B&M Flyer in China

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's strange that the OCT park bought a Vekoma SLC and a Vekoma Mine Train, but then decided to buy a friggin' B&M for their third coaster.

Why not keep it all in the family and buy a Vekoma flyer? I bet they could have gotten a discount.

-kip-

^Or maybe they just got smart!

Elissa "is Vekoma still even making the flyers?" Alvey

In a way I hope they are. For one thing Vekoma flyers were actually smooth and fun (hard to imagine I know) and they were more creative with elements than B&M has been at least for now. I've just been dieing for a flyer with a cobra roll. :shock: It would be the craziest damn sensation ever going through one of those on your back.

ride6

Elissa- Who the hell knows what is going on with Vekoma. Actually, I don't think Vekoma exists anymore - at least not the big player they used to be. A bunch of Vekoma employees started a new company called Kumbak. I think what's left of the Vekoma company just sells standard/clone rides (Boomerangs, SLCs, etc).

I really wish I could get the official scoop.

-kip-

^My guess is the Booster Bike concept was in the works long before Vekoma went bankrupt, leaving the rights to Vekoma, and not Kumbak.

Speaking of Kumbak, for a company coming out of Vekoma, I would think they'd be busier. I've only heard of one Kumbak project, and that was the complete overhaul of Space Invaders at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

-kip-

On topic: When will that park be ready? It states that it would be around 2005 but if they still are buying/building coasters it's still a construction yard.

Off topic:

^Jeezes, stop the whining @ Vekoma, isn't there one single thread where you don't have to state "Why is this crap?... ow because it's a Vekoma". Even when the topic handels about a B&M flyer in China you start about Vekoma.

1) Vekoma isn't bankrupt nor dead nor are they yust copiing things: http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/iaapa2004/iaapa4.shtml

+ Everest Project + buidling booster coasters @ Netherlands and United Kingdom

2) In the most engineering contracts states that you can't go work for the competition if you leave the company (or leave to start a new company)... So maybe Kumbak has fired personnel of Vekoma (managment/cleaning laidy/enigeneers?) maybe that's why they don't have much projects

3) I'm wondering how many people have really ridden Vekoma rides?? In Belgium-Netherland every Park has 2-3 Vekoma coasters and if these coasters were half that bad as everybody here's telling, those Parks would have closed long time ago... But every summer they are still packed with visitors Maybe there's yust something wrong with you guys across the sea

^Do you work for Vekoma?

Seriously though, Kip and I have been on a lot of freakin coasters, and a lot of Vekoma's! We've been to your beloved Vekomaland (Walibi Belgium, where they've actually been letting a vekoma rot for the past 2 years!!!). I've been on nearly 600 coasters so when I say that I think Vekoma coasters are on average rough and stupid, I think I must have some kind of point.

Keep in mind I think that some of the Vekoma Roller Skaters are the best coasters out there! (Snoopy one in Osaka, Dragon at Legoland, Flying Unicorn) In fact I see those as my kids first rides! (When I do have kids that is!)

I wonder if you are the one who is biased since you are from Belgium, where the majority of rides are Vekoma, perhaps you haven't been on some of the better smoother rides.

It's not being spoiled, it's being well-traveled.

As I was saying, I had heard that Vekoma was having all of these problems and that's why they were only selling SLC's, Boomerangs, and their kiddie rides. Anyone remember that article?

Elissa "oh, and the Vekoma woodies were good in 2002, interested to see how they've held up!" Alvey

Isn't Kip the one with a Mind Eraser Tatoo??? I mean, if he really hated Vekoma that much, why would be have permanently planted their mark on his body?

Hey Wamme, get to know people before you decide to yell at them, ok?

--Robb

Aww, I love Robb & Elissa!

Seriously, I have no idea why this dude is flying off the handle at me?? When did I say "Vekoma sucks" in every thread? R&E are correct, I actually like Vekoma rides and I do have the Mind Eraser logo tattooed on my leg

And FWIW, I've ridden about 450 coasters and like half of them were probably Vekoma clones!

-kip-

I wasn't refering to anyone in particular, only the fact that the subject of this thread changed after 3 responses in Vekoma Maybe you can yust open a topic about Vekoma

btw: I wasn't yelling, it yust easier for me to use 1) 2) 3) then make 1 continous text (the next time I will use *) I can see that it makes problems if you read them as first...second...third, but it were yust 3 different thoughts on what was posted before.

*Still I don't think that Vekoma has to much problems (neather found that article) maybe they want to sell less and give better quality? because those failing Deja Vu's didn't gave them good publicity

*I already went to Alton Towers (with it's B&M's) would trade for Bobbejaanland (3 Vekoma's) any time

• 1 year later...