TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MAMBA BRAKDOWN

i was at worlds of fun a few years ago when i went to ride mamba, on about my 7th ride as we were pulling out of the station the ride attendant said stop. we continued going up the lift hill and everyone was really scared. About halfway up the train came to a stop about 150 feet in the air. Then a ride operator walked up the stairs and looked at a girl and said is your seatbelt on. She and her friend started cracking up like it was some big joke. The ride operator walked both girls down the catwalk thing because i guess they were getting banned from the ride. Then we sat in the middle of the lift hill for about 5 min before another guy came and was looking all under the cars and kept tightening something on the upstop wheels. Thats my story and i was wondering if this similar situation has happened to anyone else!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

E-stops on lift hills are fairly common, if the ride was stopped because of someone removing their seatbelt, I wouldn't say it was a breakdown. I'm pretty surprised they would tighten bolts while people were still in the coaches, why would they do this if they stopped the ride because someone took off their seatbelt?

And to answer your question, yes I've been e-stopped on tons of coasters. The worst was the Vekoma SLC Mind Eraser at SFNE, no floor to speak of under that lift hill.

I have not had the pleasure of being on a coaster when it does an E-stop.

The seatbelts should be placed under the lapbars so they can not be touched and removed when the ride is in motion.

Do people remove their seatbelts for a laugh and want to get ejected from the train when going over speed humps.

The seatbelts should be placed under the lapbars so they can not be touched and removed when the ride is in motion.

The ride-ops have to jump on the lapbars for that to be possible. And who wants that???

I prefer some slack on the seatbelt and the lapbars a few inches above my lap.

Yngve "And yes, its totally safe" Oestbye

Wait, if there is a E-Stop because someone took their belt off, does that mean like, they put sensors in the belts? Seriously, the only ones that I would think have sensor's are those high tech ones on TTD and MF. Don't Morgan Hypers have Airplane seat belts? It doesn't look like that have sensors on those.

Wait, if there is a E-Stop because someone took their belt off, does that mean like, they put sensors in the belts?

They could've seen them taking off their belt. Maybe they did it before they left the station. There are also usually cameras on lift hills. The OP said the ride op yelled 'Stop' as soon as they left the station so I'd guess he saw the loose belt. I'm glad those kids got kicked out

I've been stuck on a few lift hills, never for very long though. Wicked Twister 'broke down' while I was on it once. It stopped infront of the station and it took a while for them to get us off. Free exit passes were given out

Umm...they let them off on the lift hill? I'm pretty sure that that probably isnt allowed. At least I know it isn't Six Flags.

Lord.

How else would the evac. people off?

I've seen Mamba e-stopped, the ride up went up the stairway, and figgeted with the train. Then after he got back to the station, the train continued on it's merry way.

Well, never seen that on Mamba! But the ride sure has it's technical problems! The first time that i was there, the ride was out for an hour! Verry strange i think, cause it's a really simple coaster! Station, lifthill, FBR, transferbrakes That's not to hard right?

Talking about E-brakes.... few times a week i have to start-up all the attracties in Magic Forest in Toverland, and we have to handle some test on the Boosterbike. Believe me, you don't want to be in that train of a motorbike coaster when it launches with an e-brake

Well, never seen that on Mamba! But the ride sure has it's technical problems! The first time that i was there, the ride was out for an hour! Verry strange i think, cause it's a really simple coaster! Station, lifthill, FBR, transferbrakes That's not to hard right?

Talking about E-brakes.... few times a week i have to start-up all the attracties in Magic Forest in Toverland, and we have to handle some test on the Boosterbike. Believe me, you don't want to be in that train of a motorbike coaster when it launches with an e-brake

Mamba is actually very reliable. It's never been down the times I've been there. Although back during Coaster Mayhem, it kept e-stoping on the lift hill. That's what had me on edge while ridding it.

Um... well I broke the SLC, we had a lift stall, it stalled 3 times on 1 ride going up, then it died, and we were walked off. Then the next weekend there was a BIIIG crane over the Engine of the lift hill, It didn't open for over a month, So all vekoma haters will be happy to know that I BROKE A SLC!!!