Chadster's LeviatTHON TPR Tour Adventure!

08/15 - Day 5 Marineland Last day! :(
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Re: Chadster's LeviatTHON TPR Tour Adventure!

Postby QueerRudie » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:35 pm

I want him for my birthday.

And excellent photo TR(s) again. It's interesting to see how these smaller parks fare up to the big boys- even the ones that have spent time being decimated by SixFlags ownership.

R.D.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:52 pm

So after a late night we had an early morning, an early morning that would take us 10 minutes up the road to Canada's Wonderland. Having now been to all but 1 Cedar Fair park (Valley Fair) I can say with confidence that IMO, Canada's Wonderland is the most well rounded park of them all, including Cedar Point. While half of the coaster's are nothing to write home about, they have covered just about every realm except for floorless and launched. The flat selection was nothing like you'd see in the states as they actually had some strange, one off, and never in the US attractions.

While lunch was less than stellar, dinner and tea time made up for it. Park employees were knowledgeable and friendly and acted as if they were really happy we were there giving them something different than your normal rent a ride night.

Something that is a first for me is this report will be 100% from my cell phone camera. I won't talk about why.
IMAG1329.jpg
Here we are for ERT on Leviathan!
IMAG1330.jpg
The landscaping was incredible. I probably think that because I like the old Paramount parks.
IMAG1332.jpg
Yay Leviathan!
IMAG1333.jpg
"To those of you who thought the Boomerang was Leviathan you are hereby BANNED!"
IMAG1346.jpg
So since I was banished from riding Leviathan I toured the park with a few friends. Yes, I have friends.
IMAG1348.jpg
Anything stand out as being Cedar Fair?
IMAG1349.jpg
Because I can't see anything that would set it apart from other parks.
IMAG1352.jpg
WTF? One of a kind, I'd hit it if I were you, it might not be around much longer. It's not a bad ride and certainly better with friends.
IMAG1351.jpg
Which of three is the better ride?
IMAG1353.jpg
Huh, never see one of those tower things before ;)
IMAG1355.jpg
The American's have invaded!
IMAG1354.jpg
oh.
IMAG1363.jpg
Everyone say it together. Ahhhhhhh
IMAG1362.jpg
I thought those ducks were do it yourself, but they were automated.
IMAG1389.jpg
Fast lane allows you too....
IMAG1360.jpg
...hump over the lines.
IMAG1364.jpg
Huh?!?!?! I thought this was a woodie?
IMAG1365.jpg
Drop Tower.
IMAG1364.jpg
Woodie. Very interesting.
IMAG1366.jpg
"Where is the rest of the ride?" "It's over there!"
IMAG1371.jpg
This would be over there.
IMAG1370.jpg
And thanks to the tour included Fast Lane, we passed all of this.
IMAG1375.jpg
WOOT WOOT! TPR Train!
IMAG1377.jpg
Clearly, I suck.
IMAG1378.jpg
Soupy!
IMAG1379.jpg
Tacos!!!!! Ok, so here is the deal, we have determined that in Canada it is mandatory to put the topping in the middle. As in, shells on the left, meat on the right, or vice versa so one has to play frogger to make their taco.
IMAG1380.jpg
5/10 on the taco. Meet was not seasoned as well as last night's taco, rather bland. The shells were ok but the toppings were lacking. Still, it was edible.
IMAG1381.jpg
So what a better way to celebrate yet another bonus TACO REVIEW than to ride an arrow as the sun was going down.
IMAG1383.jpg
How about another tour of the park, sure, why not.
IMAG1384.jpg
Freestyle is a novelty in Canada, so much so refills are twice the price and a large is like 4.99
IMAG1385.jpg
So after humping Behemoth again, it was time head to the front of the park.
IMAG1387.jpg
Why you ask?
IMAG1394.jpg
Niagara Falls, duh!
IMAG1397.jpg
Still trying to figure out where the rest of Leviathan is...
IMAG1399.jpg
So as the sun sets we took our places on the front lawn for....
IMAG1400.jpg
World of Color!!!
IMAG1404.jpg
They had a cool projection show at the end of the night that lasted about 15 minutes and used the street, water, and tree lights for effects. It's a shame not more people stayed to watch it.

And with that, I went and planted my butt on Behemoth, why? I like it better than Leviathan, it has more forces where Leviathan is fun but is more speed related and about half a ride. When you hit the 'MCBR' you think there is more, there is not, the 'MCBR' is...the end. Just like this portion of my TR.

Goodnight everyone and special thanks to Canada's Wonderland for your hospitality, you were great!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 am

Great pictures as usual Chad!

Chroniq wrote:Dave and Busters night. Amazing. Waiting for someone to post the video of the Aussie's epic (15 glasses? ) jager bomb cascade..

The Aussie's have it but are still riding coasters on the New Hotness Tour! I'm sure once they are back it will be posted, here's just a picture of the start :-)
db.jpg

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:00 am

Awesome updates, Chad! Looks like everyone had a great time!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby kasseroo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 am

Amazing update as usual, Chad. Dave and Buster's will certainly be a night that I don't think any of us will forget - depending how much one drank that night!

On behalf of Canada, I sincerely apologize for the bizarre Taco setup. I have spoken to the Taco Society of Canada about the setup, and they have assured me that for all future Taco endeavors in Canada, the order will be correct!

Your Canada's Wonderland pictures came out amazingly, despite not having your camera - for reasons I will not disclose. I am fascinated how everyone has different perspectives of all the parks, and I think your pictures sum up the parks perfectly!

I know you only have one update left from the trip (although I may have missed the Darien Lake update - I wouldn't blame you for wanting to erase that part of the day from your memory), but I cannot wait! Keep it up!
Last edited by kasseroo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 am.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

This trip seems like it was so long ago! Loving all the pictures, I think at about this point I stopped taking them. Nice to see that you didn't.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

So at this point.. Which park had the best tacos?
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:13 am

I just realized I hadn't thanked everyone for their kind comments. Only one more stop left on the LeviaTHONg tour before sad goodbyes. And who knows, maybe a bonus TACO REVIEW is coming too....

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby johnychen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 am

Great trip report. I missed you guys by one day at Sea Breeze.
Native Houstonian, rocket scientist, mobile DJ, theme park enthusiast, geek, Youtuber, and community activist.

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:46 am

Having ridden Leviathan this past week, as well as behemoth (second time to the park this year), I still think Behemoth is much better...I'd go back for Behemoth alone...

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive