TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bellewaerde Park Discussion Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran across this a few days ago and thought surely someone would post it, but since they haven't I will. It kind of starts slow and it's in what I believe to be Dutch and French as those are the two prevalent languages in Belgium, but it is worth being watched all the way through. Note to U.S. parks: THIS is how you open a new attraction. Can you imagine since this is what they did for a 50 foot tall family roller coaster with what is arguably the best theming for a coaster in its class what they would have done for a major roller coaster? I shudder. I'm most impressed, are you?

• 9 months later...
fun fact: they used to have a smoking elephant at the zoo.

Pretty sure that was an elephant at the Wiener Circus. Or maybe Harry Malter.

Bellewaerde's current elephants:

- Fahim, born in 2005 in the Zürich Zoo (Switzerland)

- Tunga, born in 2005 in the Chester Zoo (UK)

Both non-smokers.

Edited by BDG

• 4 months later...

Bellewaerde just released more pictures about the leopards enclosure on their facebook page. They are also building a quarantine for the sick animals as they are almost turning a complete zoo now

But with rollercoasters and flatrides added in the mix!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

new for 2015:

- new grandstands and new theme for the park's diving show

- new movie "The Little Prince" in the 4D theater

- new show with birds of prey

- more lights & lasers for Huracan, the park's indoor Gerstlauer family coaster

- new water effects for the Bengal Rapid River

- new signs with live queue times + smartphone app

- new playground & refurbished toilets in the kids area

2015_Bellewaerde_GoldRush_Decor_LR_0.thumb.jpg.598b69edc5ca9ab5745c6f0056e0f4c1.jpg

© Bellewaerde

source: Bellewaerde

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

New in 2017:

a racing Wiegand Alpine Coaster

- height: 25 m (82 ft)

- cost: 4 million euro

Apparently it will be the first racing Alpine Coaster in Europe, and the first not built on a natural hill.

Instead, the ride will start at the top of a 25 m (82 ft) tall tower.

BELLEWAERDE OPENS EUROPEAN PREMIERE IN 2017

12 September 2016

This fall, Bellewaerde starts the construction of a new attraction. For the first time in Europe, a Duelling Alpine Coaster will be built on a non-natural hillside, which makes 2 premieres for the theme park in Ypres. After a walk until 25 metres high, visitors will be seated to start the downhill race. An investment of 4 million euro has been provided for the development and construction of the attraction.

EUROPEAN PREMIERE

This fall, Bellewaerde starts the construction of the first Duelling Alpine Coaster in Europe. Furthermore, this type of attraction will be built on a non-natural hillside, which makes 2 European premieres for Bellewaerde. This attraction will consist of two parallel tracks which allows visitors to start a duel with each other during an exciting race until ground level.

FAMILY TRIP TILL 25 METRES HIGH

Before the visitors will start the duel, a breath-taking walk awaits them. On a unique bridge, families will arrive between the tree tops in an impressive tower of 25 metres high. From this tower, they will have a beautiful view over Bellewaerde.

INVESTMENT

An investment of 4 million euro has been provided for the development and construction of this attraction. “This unique attraction is custom-made for the families as a target group. Only the combination with our motivated, friendly and helpful employees makes it possible to complete the mission of Bellewaerde: offering fun and adventure in a natural setting where family and friends experience authentic and indulging moments together”, according to Stefaan Lemey, director of Bellewaerde.

header-new-ride-EN_1.thumb.jpg.6ce89b4d9f1168a9463b94abab14e52d.jpg

source: Bellewaerde

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's weird seeing one of these built not on a mountain, like with actual supports?!!?

I agree! I am digging the wooden supports though! I wonder how much the price difference is between this and the regular terrain type.