Philrad's Phoodie Thread

Taste Of Buffalo - 2016! Page: 16
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Philrad's Phoodie Thread

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Why do I always run across this thread right before lunch! That sausage plate looks so good, and so does the bacon jam! I can't believe I've never heard of it!

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:38 pm

^^Oooohhh...that sounds good, Bill!

My Dad made some homemade jalapeno jam/marmalade and it is super good - I love it on toast for breakfast!

^ Joey - I do the same thing!

I stumbled across Adam's Epcot Food and Wine update last week when I was hungry and my stomach was growling. Wanting to try something ethnic for dinner that night, I made enchiladas & they turned out much better than I anticipated.

I made up the recipe myself so Michael said I would never remember all of the ingredients in order to make it again - he LOVED them! I am going to try and remember off the top of my head and get it documented here while it's only about a week old...

Enchilada stuffing:

1 lb lean burger
1 pouch McCormick taco seasoning mix (Medium)
1 box of Uncle Ben's brown rice (pre-cooked)
Three cloves chopped garlic
1/4 chopped red onion
Dash (I never measure) cayenne red pepper powder
Dash of chili powder
Dash of white pepper
Dash of cilantro (will go for fresh cilantro next time - I couldn't find any at the market)
Couple squirts of Sriracha
1 cup of shredded smoked hot pepper cheese

Cook rice as directed, place in bowl for later use
Cook ground beef, drain grease
After drain, place ground beef back in pan and add taco seasoning per the recipe along with the garlic and onion
Add in the seasonings, rice and cheese until all ingredients are properly mixed and cheese is melted
Spoon filling to flour tortillas, roll and place in a Pam sprayed glass baking dish

Enchilada sauce

1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce
Couple squirts of Sriracha
Couple teaspoons of your favorite hot sauce
Dash of onion powder
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of ground black pepper

Mix all enchilada sauce ingredients and cook on stove until warm
Pour sauce over enchiladas
Add one cup of shredded taco cheese (next time, I want to try cotija)
Top with fresh cut scallions
Bake for 30-40 minutes @ 350
001.JPG
Philrad's 'Spicy (but not over the top hot) Enchiladas'

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:37 am

Those look really good, seems like whenever I'm in the mood ft make Mexican food at home I just end up making tacos or grilling quesadillas, enchiladas never come to mind but I may have to try this instead next time.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am

3 hours until lunch!

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:57 pm

^^ I came across an enchilada recipe that I tried out of our company cookbook a couple of years ago and thought the same thing - I always make tacos, so why not try some enchiladas?

While I liked the cookbook recipe, I thought it was a bit weak and bland. So I jazzed up the recipe with things that I like and it turned out quite good!

Postby jray21 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:00 pm

That does look really good! I just made some super basic enchiladas, but yours make mine look like baby food!

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:44 pm

^ I made them again last night Joey, but didn't have quite all of the ingredients as listed above so I had to improvise a bit. They were still quite tasty though!

Here is an update from my trip to Fort Myers Beach a couple of weeks ago...

Link to Ford's Garage menu:

Ford's Garage Menu
021.JPG
I could really get used to having this for a view every night. I don't think that we could have had a room with a better view of the sunset & Gulf of Mexico!
044.JPG
Down the beach a ways, there is an beach front restaurant called Blowfish. I was dying to have a grouper sandwich as soon as we got to Fort Myers Beach and this did not disappoint.

And of course, one has to wash it down with a tropical cocktail whilst in Florida!
117.JPG
We headed to Key West for a day on the Jet Express boat and had dinner at a place called Willie T's on famous Duval Street. This is their red snapper wrap with mozzarella and pineapple mango salsa...very tasty!
120.JPG
Although I am not a dessert fan, we could not go to Key West without trying their Key Lime Pie. This was much better than I had ever anticipated. Not as sour tasting as what I was expecting for something with limes in it.
198.JPG
We hit up a place called the Schnitzel House that I read about online before the trip. They do schnitzel about 25 different ways - this was there pepper schnitzel with potato pancakes and sauerkraut. While the pepper sauce tasted like salsa, the schnitzel was cooked perfectly and you could tell that the kraut and pancakes were made from scratch - VERY good!
210.JPG
In addition to checking out the Edison/Ford winter estate, we had to also check out Ford's Garage restaurant in downtown...check out the napkin and napkin holders. Very clever!
211.JPG
A bit of history on the menu.
212.JPG
I couldn't even finish my burger, let alone something like this!
213.JPG
I always laugh when I see that photo on the bottom left!
214.JPG
Their beer selection goes on and on and on. I was very impressed that they had four different kinds of my hometown beer - Southern Tier.
215.JPG
But being in Florida, I have to drink like the locals do...so I had this Cigar City IPA. YUM!!!
216.JPG
Followed up by a Fort Myers High 5 IPA which was also quite tasty. Not quite as hardy as the Cigar City IPA, but good nonetheless.
220.JPG
I chose to build my own burger and get the (upcharge) mac and cheese.

Notice the Ford logo branded into the bun!
221.JPG
Michael got the BBQ bacon burger on a pretzel roll.
222.JPG
I made mine on a Brioche bun with caramelized onions, smoked gouda and cucumber wasabi mayo - best burger I have had in a while!
223.JPG
If you go to the Ford Garage, they will tell you that you HAVE to check out their restrooms - here is why!
224.JPG
Their bar area is awesome, although we sat at a table out on the sidewalk. Being from Western NY, we don't get many days where we can eat outside in 80 degree weather!
257.JPG
Here is a random shot of the hotel we stayed at (the coral colored one). I would go back to this place in a heartbeat...it was really awesome.
276.JPG
Last night out, we went to Citrola's Time Square Grill and Pizzeria. We were within walking distance from the hotel and I could smell this pizza every night while we were sitting on our balcony so I knew we had to go. This is their meat lovers pizza...which was unbelievably good!
278.JPG
Here is a photo of the restaurant.

Thanks for reading!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:52 am

Wow, all that Key West food looks awesome! The schnitzel restaurant and Ford's Garage definitely will be on my itinerary should I ever venture down that way.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:41 pm

:lover: Key Lime Pie

That is all.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:00 pm

^^Definitely check those places out if you ever get there...very good food!

^You know I don't even like desserts, Bill...but I admit that the Key Lime Pie was AWESOME! I think that it was because it wasn't too sweet or tart like I was expecting.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random