TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland, KBF, or MM?

Hi all, my APKNite company is going to L.A. for the first weekend of November. We want to spend that Saturday at an amusement park. I'm the guy who takes the decision so now I'm torn between Disneyland, MM, and KBF. I have been to Disney and California Adventure and Knott's, but never to Magic Mountain.

I guess I'm looking for insider advice on which of these to pick for the criteria of crowds, expense, overall experience, and rides. Also would consider California Adventure...

Sorry if this is the wrong sub for this question, and thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disneyland is the best by far but if you've never been to Magic Mountain I see the appeal in trying something new. That said, it's a Fright Fest Saturday so the park will probably be unbelievably packed so Flash Pass will become necessary (closing the gap in price between the two options quite a bit).

I'd go to Disney and get a parkhopper with Maxpass.

Edited by coasterbill

Unless everyone in your company is a thrill/rollercoaster junky, I would go with Disneyland / DCA over Magic Mountain. Disneyland is probably the most once in a lifetime park for most people if you are traveling from far away. All the parks will likely be busy on that Saturday, so you might want to include the cost of the line-skipping pass in your cost estimates. Knott's is also only open 9 am - 5 pm that Saturday because of the haunt.

Edited by SoCalJasonland

agreed with Disney consensus thus far for overall experience.

THAT said, if you have some major thrill ride junkies in your group, Knott's is a nice option too, as you not only get the great coasters (and the atmosphere of the Ghost Town area, the Boardwalk area, etc). . but Mrs Knott's Chicken Restaurant is a great meal stop for a group).

personally, I'd go to Disneyland. . but just wanted to comment that Knott's really is a decent choice too.

I say Knotts. You would do yourself a disservice by only doing Disney for one day. Also, MM is kinda out there and not honestly not that appealing (unless you're a coaster whore). Knott's has the charm of Disney and the thrill rides of MM.

I say, hit Magic Mountain in the early morning, head back down

to Knott's early afternoon, then over to Disney by dinner time...

There! You're done in a day!

^ The above post reads right, to me. If you really REALLY want that ALL-Coasters TRIP, then go for Magic Mountain. But if it's only a few that will make you happy, Knott's is great, plus it's easy to get around, good spots to just chill out... and Ghostrider. You need at least two days for Disney, one for each park. No argument. It's so much packed in the two parks....you'll get exhausted but if you start early, and stick with it through each day, with a rest "somewhere" (maybe in Downtown Disney?), you can do them both. But only in two days.

IMG_0795.JPG.feef321458b4a8edef3f391539b70a24.JPG

And look! You get Snoopy too, when you pick Knott's! Sept.06/19. Knott's Hotel.

IMG_0860.JPG.ff1e91c30d49e21f052980b1ea42220d.JPG

Oh yeah, there's this, too. (o;

Awesome, but understand you're going to have to move quick to get to everything you want. Get a MaxPass. Do mobile ordering for lunch. You can have breakfast before the parks open and dinner after they close in Downtown Disney. I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep moving. The only downtime you will get is the 10 minutes or so you're in a standby line while your Maxpass waits for something else. The only time you will sit down is on rides.

You will be exhausted, but you can do it! Have fun!

Thanks for your responses, guys. I decided to go to Disneyland!

Awesome. Get Maxpass! It's the best deal in the theme park industry. It's $15 per day, per ticket and you'll ride twice as many rides as you would with paper fastpasses if you use it well.

We reserved Radiator Springs Racers the second we stepped through the gate (while rope dropping another ride) and then just set phone reminders for whenever we could make our next reservation if the ride time wasn't sooner than 90 minutes. We rode a TON of rides in one day and I didn't even feel like we were rushing around too much.

Edited by coasterbill