CJ Barrymores to add 2 rollercoasters.

3 new rides for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: CJ Barrymores to add 2 rollercoasters.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks for that! Actually, that's a bit bigger than I had thought. They'll do well with these two rides for sure.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:11 am

coasterbill wrote:God, SBF is killing it with these things.

Yep, some serious bank is being made by SBF Visa on these. They might account for 5% of Italy's GDP :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:15 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:From what I know of the park (not much) these sound like great additions for them. Incredible Pizza in Tulsa has one of those same spinning coasters and it's very popular, and of course Bigfoot in Branson has been mentioned already. CJ Barrymore sounds like it fits in the same realm as those places, so it should go over well.
One of these SBF/Visa spinners would be perfect for The Track in Branson. I was thinking how this would compliment Switchback at ZDT's or the Fun Spot in Orlando.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 am

The world needs more of these Soaring Eagle drop tower/saddle sling combos. The ones at Foxwoods and Bigfoot are excellent.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby thrillrider » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Looking forward to riding all of the new attractions. What even makes it better, is that I live right down the street from this place.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby thrillrider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 am

Parts for the new ferris wheel are arriving.
FB_IMG_1547303629732.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:35 pm

CJ Barrymores website has some nice updated pictures of the new SBF spinning coaster. I will be checking out this little park for the first time next month. Good to see a least one park in Michigan getting new rides. The coloring on this one looks nicer then the one in Grand Rapids

https://cjbarrymores.com/attractions/outdoor/spinning-coaster/
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby thrillrider » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:45 pm

I drive by this place every morning. They typically leave the lights on the rides, and the lighting packages for the wheel and the tower are stunning.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue May 28, 2019 6:08 am

Finally made it out to this place. Fun but busy little place. It reminded me a lot of Craigs Cruisers in Grand Rapids but with a larger outdoor section and a smaller indoor section. Was not my first SBF Spinner so I knew what to expect. The loop Coaster on the other hand I had no idea what to expect. It was my first Pinfari looper. You always hear how awful those things are. I didn't mind it and it surpassed my expectations. Very forceful loop and some crazy sideways airtime on the final bunny hill. No seat belts and the OTSR were a little small but fun ride. They also had some soaring eagle rides like a drop tower, saddle swing and zip line. I believe 3 outdoor go kart tracks and mini golf. We spent some time in the arcade so our 20 month could play games. We were there long enough that we go the souvenir refill cup which was the cheapest one I have ever seen at 5.99 with .99 cent refills. The pizza and fries were good. Arcade had a nice selection on games but we kept coming across broken ones and the place was so packed that attendants couldn't help with machines eating our money and not working. So if you are ever in the northern Detroit area I would say stop on by and check the place out. Its a big FEC
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!