1st TR! Our Penn. Trip with Amusement Parks -- and Culture!

Kennywood, HersheyPark, Knoebel's, Dorney & Philly CULTURE
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: 1st TR! Our Penn. Trip with Amusement Parks -- and Cultu

Postby rcjp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:48 am

Nice pictures! I wish I had had more time in Philadelphia as we couldn't really do that much. It was fun, nonetheless.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 am

Great reports, loved reading these! Always interesting to see an outsiders perspective of my great city. Ive said it on the board before and I'll say it again - I love my city! Also huge LOL @the Dunkin comment, and the woman offering her munchkins. It's so true, Philadelphia would crumble to the ground if folks did not have their Dunkin every morning.

I live about a 10 minute walk north of where you were in Old City @ BR House & Elfreths Alley and take the EL to work right underneath Market Street where you were every day, twice a day. Ive done the historical stuff so many times in my life its easy to forget its even there til I happen to make my way through the area on foot on a weekday and its overflowing with tourists/school trips.

Also, the Franklin Institute is great! They used to do awesome trippy lazer light shows in the Planetarium to music like Pink Floyd and Beastie Boys. So rad, and the walk-through heart is always silly and fun. In fact most of the museum is great.

RE: Love Park - there are ALWAYS homeless people in there (gotta love the tags all over the LOVE sign in your photos, smh). The park used to be overrun by young skateboarders all the time and actually became an infamous skating spot within that culture, til the city cracked down and now the skaters go elsewhere (mainly to a skate park underneath 95 in South Philly - far, far away from tourists). Now its all bums sleeping all over the park all the time and the city does nothing. Personally, I'd rather have the skaters.

Glad you guys enjoyed Philly, and great detailed reports.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 pm

^^ thanks again.

and yeah, I know what you mean. Austin is the Capital of Tx, but we never do any of the Capitol tours, or the Stevie Ray Vaughn Statue, or ACL tapings, Margaritas at the Oasis overlooking Lake Travis, Hippie Hollow (Texas' only official nude beach) ect. . unless we have out of town company.

We rarely go to the Alamo or Riverwalk in San Antonio for the same reasons -- and that's just an hour drive :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:02 pm

x2isawesome wrote:I have been to three horror nights and two scary farms and the haunted mansion scared me way more than anything that I have seen at them. It was awesome.

seeing all the Haunt reports is really making me wish I could attend a Horror Night or Scary Farm.

but I really don't like jump scares (so while I love horror movies, I HATE haunted houses). . . but the Knoebel's one was a huge exception, as I loved that.

but yeah. . wish I could at least attend a Knott's Scary Farm to see the decorations.

Heck, maybe I need to go to Mickey's not so scary . . looks like Robb and family had a fantastic time!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Nickstroberg wrote:Yeah I can't believe you didn't like it! Oh well, theres one out there for each of us :) haha.

I rode Skyrush again this past summer, and still didn't like it :p

(went looking for this to comment on the thread for a trip thru Pennsylvania. . . gonna be fun reading thru this again!)

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!