TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Rumbler Media Preview...

It'll be Friday, May 5th. Although the park officially opens Saturday the 6th, you can get a few spins and a jump-start on the season next Friday.

If you've read any of the reports from the "construction" tour, you know that this ride kicks!

Hope you can make it. If not, don't forget about Rumblefest!

Jeff

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll more than likely be there, if not then definatly on opening day. I'm working at Beech bend this summer, and have training next Monday, hopefully the Rumbler will be my ride all summer long. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Lookin forward to meetin some TPR members this summer, if any of you stop by for a visit let me know!

I'm waiting for some feedback from the park. I'm hoping I will hear something tomorrow and send out a mass email to everyone about the media day.

If you're interested, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and I can start to create a list.

The only information I have right now is that it's on May 5th and that members of Theme Park Review are invited. But I haven't been told what time or any other details.

--Robb

The event starts at 11:00am and will feature rides on the Rumbler while the media gets plenty of stock footage of people screaming their heads off.

Lunch will be served, but we need to let Charlotte know about how many TPR folks will be there so she can order enough food.

So if you want to attend, please email Robb. Robb, could you then send a number to Charlotte by Wed or so?

By the way, I don't know if any other rides will be operating. It's possible, but I have not heard any official word.

The park "Officially" opens on Saturday.

Jeff

As a person who was VERY interested in attending, beware!

It's also Kentucky Derby weekend.

All flights, car rentals, and hotels in and around Louisville are either booked solid, or damn ass expensive!!!

JJ, who will now wait until my scheduled August trip to get his rides!

Since I am attending this for another site, I made hotel reservations at the Drury Inn in Bowling Green for Thursday and friday night (Staying there after Voyage Media Day and Beech Bend Media Day). It was 20 bucks cheaper to stay friday night than it was thursday. Plus Bowling Green is a good two hours from the Derby. See you folks that are attending Beech Bend Media Event Friday.

^ Joe, you are becoming quite the expert at crashing on people's floors while on coaster trips huh? Not to worry...I am in the same boat! haha

I'm really excited about getting to go to this. Can't wait to get in a few laps on Rumbler, and hopefully *Brief Encounter* will be open too so I can snag that credit. And opening day at Holiday World is gonna be sweet!!! This is gonna be an awesome weekend.

-Julie

Derby Weekend in Louisville is crowed but not unbearable. In fact lst year I went to the Oaks (the race on friday before the derby, same day as rumbler media day this year) and afterwards I stopped at KK and hit every credit in the park twice in an hourand a half. So a stop at KK on that day is actually a prety good idea. Churchill Downs is about a mile from KK ( wich is on the KY state fairgrounds) and a lotof people park there and wither walk or take abus to the track. SO it's pretty easily accessable from the interstate and what not. SO all in all Derby weekend is a pretygood time to go to KK ifit works out logistically.

Ross, KY coaster expert, kinda, Cassity