TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your biggest fear when Riding a coaster?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid of being stapled into a ride to the point of discomfort or pain and then having it get stuck for a long period of time. (Like Two Face getting stuck for hours on the lift) My claustrophobia would kick in and I'd probably go silently insane. I rode a Larson Ring of Fire at the fair this year, forgetting how damn small they are and how you are required to ride 2 to a seat. The ride op was slow and took 5-10min to load and unload which made me really uncomfortable. I'm fine when we're in motion, but being tightly strapped in and stopped drives me crazy. Ride ops stacking Superman at SFoG...I'm looking at you.

^

*AHEM* Seriously, I think we've poked enough fun at the title of this topic (I probably should change it since I can do that now...).

My biggest fear on a coaster is getting beaten up on it. Unfortunately, that's come true a few times.

Eric

^

*AHEM* Seriously, I think we've poked enough fun at the title of this topic (I probably should change it since I can do that now...).

My biggest fear on a coaster is getting beaten up on it. Unfortunately, that's come true a few times.

Eric

Actually, my biggest fear took place before a coaster, when I was threatened with physical harm by a few thugs in the queue shed for Ghostrider, with nary a security guard to be seen.

I actually don't have many fears of coasters. OK, I don't think about "What If?" when i am not at a theme park, but when I am there, all my thoughts go away, and I just ride it and don't think of anything. But a few of my friends and relatives think they are the most dangerous things in the world. Like "What if the harness flew open? What if the wheels flew off? What if the brake didn't work?" But, how many incidents like this happen in the past 10 years. OK, wheels did fly of Steel Dragon but how many times has this happened before? I just tell them that you are 1million times more likely to die travelling to a theme park than dying on any of the rides. Which is sort of true.