TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Big, Fat AP Question

Annual Pass for Disney or Universal  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Annual Pass for Disney or Universal

• Disney World
    • Universal Orlando

I am planning to get an Annual Pass for either Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando. Im not quite sure on which one to get. Can someone tell me exactly what each AP lets me do (i.e. admission to Halloween Horror Nights, Mickeys Not so scary Halloween Party, etc.)? It'll be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Vince

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither one of the AP passes lets you in either of the Halloween events for free. The Universal AP pass is cheaper plus right now, if you were planning to get a the power pass version of the AP pass you get $20 off through a coke coupon...I think it brings it down to $99.

I think the Universal AP is by far the better deal at the moment since the Disney ones are close to $400 (or maybe more?). Disney APs really only pay for themselves if you are local and can go numerous times a year. The Universal one will pay for itsself much quicker than Disney, especially since Disney offers the non-expiring multi-day passes now. Plus Universal's pass gives you food and mercahdise discounts everywhere, where Disney's only gives you certain discounts at certain places at certain times (hence, a pain in the butt to take advantage of).

-Julie

Well, I think it all depends on what kind of person you are and what you are interested in.

If you are more of a "Disney" person, then the Disney pass, especially the deluxe one with the water park and Disney Quest option certainly gives you a LOT to do in one year.

But if you are more into just the coasters and some themed rides, then Universal would be the choice.

It also depends on how often you plan on going.

For example, Elissa and I have been passholders to both parks for about 5 years now, and this year instead of buying the WDW AP, we have purchased a 10 day, non expiring Magic Your Way pass with the water park option. We figure that will last us at LEAST 18 months for about the same price as a 1 year WDW Annual Pass.

On the other hand, you can get the Universal/IOA pass for only about $99.

So really, it's up to you!

--Robb

We have the Disney Florida seasonal AP passes which cost us $189 a person. but it does not include parking and there are blockout dates (mostly during the crowded peak times).

These passes are now a bit over $200.

I jsut had a deluxe premium pass from WDW, and used it quite a bit. I think I mainly used it quite a vit so I knew i got my money's worth from it.

Like people said, Universal's pass is a better value. And I do feel that they are treated a bit better than Disney passholders. Plus, Universal still gives out plastic passes with photos on them!

In the end it all depends on which parks you enjoy more, but I just stated my 3rd year with Universal, while I'm taking a break with my Disney pass.

I also have a Sea Worl/ BGT pass, which is also a good deal if you take advantage of their Fun Card deal or their Flex Pay program.

Universal

Disney has way to many "Kid Rides" for my liking... sure, R&RC, ToT, and Everest are awesome rides, but how many times could you ride those three rides until they get boring?

Here are the advantages of a 2-Park Universal annual pass (Note: This is for the Preferred Pass)

Theme Park Discounts:

* 10% savings on 1-day and 15% savings on multi-day theme park tickets (up to 6 people)

* Free admission to select special events such as Mardi Gras

* Special discounts on separately ticketed events, such as Halloween Horror Nights and Rock the Universe

* 10% savings on select VIP Tours. Call 407-363-8295 to book your VIP Tour. Dates subject to availability.

* 20% savings at merchandise stores and carts (excluding The Master Coin Monster and Mystics of the Seven Veils)

* 15% savings at all restaurants (excluding carts and alcohol)

CityWalk Discounts:

* 20% savings on the CityWalk Party Pass (up to 4 people)

* All Star Collectibles - 10% savings on novelties/merchandise and 5% savings on autographed memorabilia

* Bob Marley, A Tribute to Freedom - 10% savings on food & beverage

* Cigarz at CityWalk - 15% savings (minimum $10 purchase)

* CityJazz- 10% savings on food & beverage

* DAPY - 10% savings

* GLOW - 10% savings

* Hard Rock Café- 10% savings on food and beverage (excluding alcohol)

* Hard Rock LIVE - 2 free admissions to "Livewire" local nights (18 and up) . Call 407-351-LIVE for schedule of event.

* Latin Quarter - 15% savings on food & beverage and merchandise and priority seating for your entire party (Sun-Thurs only)

* Margaritaville - 10% savings on merchandise, food & beverage

* NASCAR Café - 10% savings on food & beverage, plus priority seating

* NBA City - 10% off food on entire check, priority seating (excluding holidays & special events), one free interactive game card per passholder, one $3.00 off merchandise voucher (1 per party)

* Pastamore - 15% savings on food & beverage, plus kids (ages 3-9) eat free for dinner with the purchase of an adult entrée (limit 1 for up to $4.95)

* Pat O'Briens - 15% savings on food & beverage, plus kids (ages 3-9) eat free from 4pm-9pm (with the purchase of an adult entrée-limit 1)

* The groove - 2 for 1 domestic drafts

* Universal Cineplex - $6.00 admission after 6pm

* Universal Studios Store - 10% savings

Other Discounts:

Universal Orlando Resort

* $100 off Birthday Parties! Call 407-224-BDay for more details.

* Free self-parking each time you visit or pay for 2 hours of Valet and get the rest of the day for free.

* $4.00 preferred parking

* 10% discount at Samsonite Company Stores (call 1-800-547-BAGS for the store near you)

* 10% savings on merchandise at Spencer Gifts

* Free use of kennels on the day of your visit

Wet ' n Wild - Orlando

* Save $20.00 on an annual pass, $89.95 (plus tax)

* Save 25% on single, all day admission to Wet 'n Wild - Orlando (Blackout dates apply)

* Save 10% in the Breakers Beach Shop (excluding sundries)

Now, If someone wants to post the advantages of a Disney Pass, be my guest

Wow, thanks alot!

I see the Universal pass blows the Disney one out of the water. I'll definetly get the Universal one! Is it true thatbeing an AP, you can preview rides and such? And I dont know if this is true, but special seating in shows and stuff?

Thanks alot for the help,

~Vince