TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Price Increases

So, we heard from the meeting that Shapiro had at SFMM that prices were going up, and that they raised the price of SFOT's holiday event, and now SFGAdv is raising prices.

From the Park's Official Website

Buy your 2006 Season Passes Online & SAVE!

Season Pass parking tags may be ordered on-line or purchased at any parking lot toll plaza on your first visit!

2006 Prices valid through Jan. 8!

Daily 2-park tickets are going up to $60! Last year they were $48.99! :shock:

Theme/Safari Individual $74.99

3-Park Combo (Theme/Safari/HH) $109.99

Hurricane Harbor Individual* $74.99

Season Pass Parking* $30.00

Prices effective Jan 9.

Theme/Safari Indiv. - Online must buy 2 $89.99

3-Park Combo (Theme/Safari/HH) $129.99

HH Indiv.* - Online must buy 2 $89.99

6% NJ state tax not included

* Tax not applicable

PRICING AT PARK

Theme Park & Wild Safari

Regular Admission $59.99

Junior Admission (under 54") $29.99

Theme Park After 5 p.m. thru 9/24/06 $25.00

Safari ONLY $17.99

3-Park TicketsTheme/Safari/HurricaneHarbor

3-Park Regular $74.99

3-Park Jr. $48.99

Bounce Back thru 10/9/06 $12.00

Parking $10.00

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's pricing for 2006.

A daily pass is $59.99.

A season pass bought before Jan. 8th is $74.99

A season pass bought after tomorrow is $89.99

Of course, there's combo pricing with the water park and safari. :?

I don't know if that helps at all.

Edit: I noticed that the daily 2 park ticket is with the season pass pricing, which makes it a bit confusing. Also, I'm not happy about having to buy 2 or more season passes online.

I still think the season pass prices are VERY reasonable, but the Safari/Themepark price of $60 seems to be steep. I'd like to think it was fair, but I can't give many (if any) regional parks justification for charging that much, especially one that is understaffed so frequently.

I get my season pass at SF America, but will be heading to Great Adventure in June. I think SFA's price is $69.99, but not sure. It would still be a good deal with SF Gr.Adv. pricing, since I'll be visiting SFA,SFGr.Adv, and SFNE this year and only have to pay the one price.

Well Six Flags has to up the price on the season pass.

Six Flags needs to follow the Disney Model of doing things.

Their current policy lets someone get a year long pass for pretty much the price of a one day general admission. That's insane! :shock:

I think the new management is aware that this has not been a successful policy, and needs to be changed.

For Six Flags to grow and be successful, they will need to make major changes in their current operations. Which is what they are going to do!

In the long run, this new ownership will put SixFlags on a path to success!

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my first post...the second box are daily tickets.

Last year's 1 day Theme/Safari park ticket was $48.99 and now it's going up to $59.99. That is a HUGE increase. Not that it affects me, since I bought my pass last fall, but it's major. I wouldn't be surprised to see all the parks start posting price increases, since this was just posted two days ago.

One thing to keep in mind is that SF, unlike Uni and Disney, regularly run widely-advertised deep-discount programs. (Two-thirds off with a Snickers wrapper! Children free in months with a vowel!) I keep thinking that absolutely no one but a negligent spendthrift would ever, ever pay retail at a Six Flags gate.

But maybe that will change soon, too. Meanwhile, I'm getting my $55 SFMW pass while the getting's good.

If you're someone who lives around Great Adventure, and doesn't want to pay the extra money for the much-more-expensive Great Adventure pass, couldn't you just renew your Great Adventure season pass on the SFNE site, and pay less?

Or can you not do inter-park renewals?

One thing to keep in mind is that SF, unlike Uni and Disney, regularly run widely-advertised deep-discount programs. (Two-thirds off with a Snickers wrapper! Children free in months with a vowel!) I keep thinking that absolutely no one but a negligent spendthrift would ever, ever pay retail at a Six Flags gate.

But maybe that will change soon, too. Meanwhile, I'm getting my $55 SFMW pass while the getting's good.

I love that $14.95 kids price at Knott's. No discounts, no coupons.

If you're someone who lives around Great Adventure, and doesn't want to pay the extra money for the much-more-expensive Great Adventure pass, couldn't you just renew your Great Adventure season pass on the SFNE site, and pay less?

Or can you not do inter-park renewals?

You could buy a pass at SFNE or SFA and use it at SFGAdv, but you have to process it at the park you bought it for before you can use it.

You also may not be able to get a SFGAdv parking pass if you don't have a SFGAdv season pass, and there is a rumor parking is going up this season.

Things dont look so bad down here in the great state of georgia yet. Are prices jumped only $5 after the first of this month from 49.99 to 54.99. The next raise in price is at april 30th which is a pretty typical date for our park to raise prices.

I guess thats the plus of not actually being owned by SFI. I hope our prices dont jump that much. Yet i wouldnt mind paying extra for a park I love so much.

$59.99 for a one day pass is way too much. I know there are discounts available but a gate price for $59.99 for any Six Flags park is just way too much IMO.

WHat is disney $70-80 a day. If you ever want sixflags to raise the quality of there parks to "disney" standards to be prepared to pay the price. Even with this increase in sixflags pricing you still get the ability to visit 12 or more parks for free.

IF Six Flags boosts their level of service, the price increase will be well worth it. If the price goes up but we still see closed rides, shops, food stands, shows, etc. then they will drive the parks into the ground.

A park like SFGAdv offers $60 worth of entertainment in a day (between rides, shows, Safari, etc.), only if everything is really running.

Also, don't count on all those old buy one get one free discounts and other huge discounts anymore.