TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags grandfathered membership prices increasing

Six Flags grandfathered membership prices increasing

I believe I pay approximately $6.00 per month for an older gold membership that was upgraded to a gold plus during COVID-19.  I likely have had the membership for 10 years, have only been once since COVID,  and I got this email today stating I would be increasing to $9.99 per month.  I purchased my membership from Magic Mountain.  Did they do this to everyone?

"Dear Valued Guest,

We hope you have been enjoying everything your Six Flags Membership has to offer. We are updating our prices to deliver the best guest experience so you can always make the most out of your visits to Six Flags.

If you receive this email, this means at least one of your Membership products falls below the new minimum rate threshold. Your monthly price will increase from your current price www.sixflags.com/accountportal to $9.99/month per Gold Membership, $12.99/month per Platinum Membership, $17.99/month per Diamond Membership, and $21.99/month per Diamond Elite Membership on your next scheduled payment after March 28th, 2024. Your payment schedule will not change, and only Memberships below this threshold will be impacted. 

As long as you remain a Six Flags Member, you can enjoy all the benefits your Membership offers. This program is exclusive to Members like you! If you’d prefer, you can also switch to one of our new passes for the 2024 season. www.sixflags.com  

If you wish to make any updates to or discontinue your Membership, you can visit the Account Portal anytime. www.sixflags.com/accountportal

We’re here for you if you have any questions. Visit our Help Center for more information, or contact us to speak with someone from our team. 

Join us for Spring Break at Six Flags Magic Mountain, March 8 to April 8. We’ll be open every day for your favorite rides, coasters, and more! Visit on select days to experience Scream Break, Flavors of the World and more events throughout the year. We look forward to seeing you at the park soon.

The Six Flags Team"

• Sad 1

I haven't gotten this email yet but I pay like $12 and change for 3 memberships a month. For me it will depend on what they try to charge me but I might end up canceling all 3 if they raise mine too much because I barely go as it is and only keep it because of the price despite Great Adventure being the closest park to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Six Flags to complain about the price incease and thre was no arguement on canceling my membership and I didn't ask if there was a retentions department.  They were polite and remembered my COVID months.  By expiration, I might be able to use my Knott's all parks Prestige pass at Magic Mountain.  I am not anti-Six Flags or Magic Mountain but it is a 120 mile 3 hour trip each way from Temeucla during the week.  I might go if I could fly there for cheap :-)

"Hello Jason, Thank you for contacting Six Flags Guest Services.  

We are sorry to see you want to cancel your membership and we thank you for being loyal Six Flags members. Please be advised that if you cancel this membership, you will not be able to extend, renew or repurchase this same membership as we no longer sell this product.  

We received a request to cancel your account. Please review the cancellation agreement below and approve to complete the cancellation process. You must respond by March 15, 2024 (15 days prior to last payment) to complete the cancellation to match the agreement below. If we do not receive a response in a timely manner, your account will not be cancelled within the dates below.  

Cancellation Agreement: 

We received your request for the cancellation of your account ###### for Jason #####. Following the rules of your contract, your last payment to cancel account will be on March 30, 2024 and your account will cancel effective April 30, 2024.  In addition, you are entitled to an additional 13 free months for remaining a Member while the park was closed due to COVID, commencing April 30, 2024.  Once your account is canceled and your additional months expire, your pass will no longer work and you will have to purchase a ticket or pass to enter the park after May 30, 2024.

Please reply with "I agree" to complete the cancellation of your account ########. 

If you have further questions or concerns, please reply to this email. 

Sincerely,

I still haven't gotten this email, and my membership price hasn't gone up in a year.  Maybe because I have Diamond Elite VIP (which was given because I continued payments during the pandemic)?  Which I'm keeping for as long as possible, because not only does it get me 50% off most merch and food, but 4 Fastpasses per visit.  Can't beat that.

That said, I'm not going to be surprised the day they announce memberships will be revoked, and everyone will have to go back to the seasonal AP.  Honestly, I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.  I suspect the merger may finally put the nail in the coffin for this by next calendar year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ryder said:

I still haven't gotten this email, and my membership price hasn't gone up in a year.  Maybe because I have Diamond Elite VIP (which was given because I continued payments during the pandemic)?  Which I'm keeping for as long as possible, because not only does it get me 50% off most merch and food, but 4 Fastpasses per visit.  Can't beat that.

That said, I'm not going to be surprised the day they announce memberships will be revoked, and everyone will have to go back to the seasonal AP.  Honestly, I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.  I suspect the merger may finally put the nail in the coffin for this by next calendar year.

I haven't gotten this email either nor a price increase either, I have gold plus and paid during the pandemic too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I haven't gotten this email either nor a price increase either, I have gold plus and paid during the pandemic too. 

I appreciate the responses.  I was wondering if it was park specific or trying to get rid of or raise the prices of infrequent membership visitors first to see how they reacted.  In only paid $5.88 per month for gold plus as haven't been since West Coast Racers was new.  I guess I will have to get out to ride Wonder Woman before my 13 months expire.  Even Metrolink is three hours each way from Riverside station and I would miss the last hour at SFMM trying to get back to the Santa Clarita station so maybe 6 hours at the park?  Still better than driving.

I just got the email today. It doesn't really say what happens when you have dining as part of your pass, so I'm curious to see what it goes up to. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jason Maier said:

I'm also thinking the grandfathered memberships will be eliminated by the time the merger is fully complete. I'm wondering what tiers/expense the new merged memberships will be.

Considering Albertsons and Kroger, along with Southwest and Spirit agreed to merge and our government stopped them, this merger could still be dead.  A lot of areas don't have Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks extremely close to each other, so this will mean that they can't likely increase prices too much. I would guess they would try the current pass prices and add the $100 all park option currently offered by Cedar Fair.  Being from So Cal, it would be nice if my Knott's Prestige Pass, meals, and drinks all transfered to Magic Mountain for an extra $100 per year but I am probably being too hopeful.... As far as northern California, wages and housing are too expensive and crime is too high, therfore I am guessing they have no need for two parks in the area so visit California Great America this season if in the area as there RMC could end up in Vallejo but their woodie is likely dead :-(