TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair - Platinum passes gone; now a gold/prestige pass addon

• tndank changed the title to Cedar Fair - Platinum passes gone; now a gold/prestige pass addon
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually might consider this a win, since each parks Gold Passes were differently priced, and the add-on-price on top of the gold pass may end up cheaper than the old Platinum price.  And the discounts and other benefits of Platinum had been severely reduced over the past few years anyway.

But good for them (bad for consumer), since their Platinum pass was always a spectacular value IMHO.

$100 at KD and $95 at Dorney, too.  Looks like if I buy a CF pass next year it'll be through Dorney; their Gold prices have always been lower than other parks too.

Knott's is also doing it for $100 extra. 

And Gold Passes, as far as I know, have never included parking.  Only Platinum did.  So it remains to be seen if parking will be included with this new add on.

5 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

How does this work for parks like Canadas Wonderland which do not normally include parking in their gold passes? 🤔

For Gold with All Parks addon, parking should be included according to the website.  Same for Knotts.  No way I'd bet my life on that, though.

From the websites:  

"What about the Platinum Pass? 

With the introduction of the All Park Passport, the Platinum Pass will no longer be offered in 2024. But don’t worry—you can still get the same benefits with the purchase of a 2024 Gold pass with the All Park Passport."

On 7/17/2023 at 8:19 PM, ryder said:

Gold Passes, as far as I know, have never included parking

They do include at almost every park. In the past they haven't but now a days most parks parking is included. But not Wonderland or Knotts. There may be others but at quick glance... -- Since I buy from Wonderland will I get parking at some parks but not others? Or will they start including parking at those parks at gold level? Or do we get no parking everywhere?

Screenshot_20230719-152917.png

Screenshot_20230719-152832.png

Screenshot_20230719-152800.png

Screenshot_20230719-152718.png

Screenshot_20230719-152625.png

Screenshot_20230719-152540.png

Screenshot_20230719-152443.png

Screenshot_20230719-152355.png

29 minutes ago, ryder said:

Fair enough, I was thinking of my home park (Knotts).  They'll really need to sort that out, it's already causing confusion

Not really sure how something that isn't even available to buy yet is causing confusion, but sure...okay.