TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Clementon Discussion Thread

The actual space occupied by rides is piddly. Of course, some of those many buildings might have something of interest if I'd ever been there. But from maps view, the infield of Hellcat is large enough for a standard Raptor. And, to complete my fantasy, the whole purpose of a custom launched Golden Horse mine train is to wind around everywhere.

Fitting in an existing coaster with a distinctive shape could be a problem though.

• 2 months later...

Originally, they were trying to get this park reopened by Memorial Day. A few weeks back, they pushed that opening date to June 5th. Now, as of last night, they sent out an email blast to everyone on their mailing list saying that they will not be able to make that date and they do not currently have a new opening date on the schedule as of yet:

6BFD9CBE-3672-426B-B599-48C3E863868B.thumb.png.5e8c489222d9b88be96f18127bd9a476.png

I can't help but wonder what sort of regulatory problems Gene may be running into when dealing with the state of NJ, considering it's a vastly different experience than operating in Indiana. Here's hoping they can slog through the red tape and get this park back open again in the near future.

5 minutes ago, coneyislandchris said:

I can't help but wonder what sort of regulatory problems Gene may be running into when dealing with the state of NJ, considering it's a vastly different experience than operating in Indiana. Here's hoping they can slog through the red tape and get this park back open again in the near future.

Probably just a matter of greasing the right palms LOL.

I jest, I jest.  In all seriousness, I'm sure the NJ regulations for running an amusement/water park are the most stringent in the country.  Wouldn't surprise me if you needed to cycle a ride literally 500 times for certification to operate.  After all, NJ does have the greatest ratio of attorneys to residents of any state.

Besides all the regulatory burdens, I'm sure like everyone else there's the issue of adequate staffing as well. Seems like every other day the Philly TV market is constantly re-hashing the news that Morey's and nearly every business down on the shore are under-staffed from the lack of international work visas this year. They might be able to justify a "partial re-opening" with the understanding that this park was left for dead not even half a year ago, and that it's understandably next to impossible to get a park and all its rides back up to 100% in only a matter of months. But certainly they still want to make a good impression and clearly show they're not like the previous ownership...

On 6/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, Mike240SX said:

Wouldn't surprise me if you needed to cycle a ride literally 500 times for certification to operate.  

Did you get lucky or already know this, cause this is spot on. 500 "without issue", whatever that means. It's 2000 in Iowa!