TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Does Anyone Want to Meet Up in Key West Feb 18th?

PhishyBrewer

Should I book my flight or should I hold off?  

1. 1. Should I book my flight or should I hold off?

EDIT: Alright... So I just changed the title of this thread.

So... does anyone feel like having a good, no... GREAT time in Key West. I'll be out there the weekend of Feb 18th.

And yes... there will be drinking involved. PLENTY... trust me

So seriously… I was going to book a flight to Key West today. But now that I see a categorgy 5 hurricane is about to hit and I might mention, one of the strongest low pressure hurricanes ever recorded. I’m thinking about changing my plans.

Should I book my flight or should I hold off?

Oh Sloppy Joe's Bar... I'll make it there someday

Edited by PhishyBrewer

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... I found it. The weekend of the 18th. Now if I can just find airfare from Sacramento to Key West for under $1000 :shock:

February 18, 2006

2ND ANNUAL PUT IN BAY DAYS

Have you ever heard of Put In Bay, Ohio? Have you ever been to Put In Bay, Ohio? Where is Put In Bay, Ohio, you ask? Well if you're from Michigan or Ohio, odds are you've been there. But if you have never been or never even heard of it, here's some information and a chance for you to learn more!

Put In Bay (South Bass Island) is a beautiful little island in Lake Erie that during the summer is a resort island that compares to Key West. Beautiful scenery, historic buildings, lots of water sports and boating, and also like our beloved Key West: lots of bars! That's right, just like Duval Street in Key West; the main street of Put In Bay on any given day in July and August will resemble Key West in February.

The thing that stands out in Put In Bay is the uniqueness of its taverns and bars:

There's the Roundhouse bar, a bar whose building is actually round. Built in the 1800's, the Roundhouse is famous for its antiquated atmosphere, its round building, its music, and its buckets (buckets of draft beer that after the beer is consumed, the bucket becomes a hat or a symbol of drunken accomplishment).

A trip down the street brings you to the Beer Barrel Saloon, known in the Guinness book of world records as the longest bar in the world. Their bar snakes through the building and is 405 feet, 10inches long! Always lots of quality entertainment featuring legendary singer songwriter Pat Dailey.

There's the Frosty Bar, the Crescent, The Boathouse and the Brewery, just to name a few more.

But if you were to venture to Put In Bay in February, it becomes a frozen slice of small town Americana, reminiscent of a Norman Rockwell painting, snow covered buildings and playgrounds, no boats in the water, a typical summer resort town hibernating until the summer sun thaws it out.

So we here at Sloppy Joe’s are going to bring a bit of Lake Erie's summer and place it smack dab in the middle of Key West February 18th, where we will celebrate Put in Bay! A celebration of one island's uniqueness to another's. There'll be live Put In Bay entertainment mixed with Key West flair. Taking the stage will be Sloppy Joe’s own Pete & Wayne, Put In Bay’s Mike Mad Dog Adams and finishing out the days festivities will be the legend himself, Pat Dailey on stage at 7:00pm.

Well just be aware that the MTV's Real World WILL be filming in Key West for the next season. (Real World: Key West)

Thats not really a good thing, and not really a bad thing I guess.

Well, being the cruise industry has ruined Key West, this is quite appropriate.